Thousands of people have signed up to throw eggs at a new bronze statue of the Iron Lady

Eggs. Eggs? EGGS! Why not nitric acid. Aqua regia. Dissolve her evil face off. That woman blighted the lives of thousands in the UK, including me. Her legacy is nothing but evil. Words fail to express how angry I am that any public funds should be spent preserving the memory of this monster.

4 Likes

I think the best compromise to allow the statue to stand in a central public location but protect it from vandalism is to have the statue lowered rather than raised.

Carefully erect the statue at the bottom of a 10 foot hole.

4 Likes

Cross-post opportunity with a BB Store bidet post?

4 Likes

There’s the counter example of Nelson’s column.

2 Likes

JMHO: The obelisk and surrounding memorial doo-hickies “elevate” Nelson away from the public. Hero-worship out of control. :slightly_smiling_face:

(I wonder if they sell cheap binoculars nearby?)

2 Likes

Those who don’t have the dosh may find other ways to climb up…

5 Likes

A couple of good rain showers should do the trick.

2 Likes

A nice thermite necklace would set it off perfectly.

5 Likes

Ah - yes - good point. I was assuming the clay feet would at least be fired or the statue wouldn’t stand up. Ceramic is easy to smash when the time comes. (And in her case it could not come too soon.)

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind terribly if it were more like this.

7 Likes
7 Likes

How about we build the bloody thing approx 9000 miles away. Somewhere off the coast of Argentina, say?

3 Likes

They already have one.

4 Likes

Did not know that. Cnuts.

ta for the info, tho

1 Like

Put it on the South Sandwich Islands. It is probably the only British place where it won’t be vandalised.

4 Likes

That statue is curiously lacking in the eggs and eggshells department.

:thinking:

Surely Mancunians must wash the statue every day to keep it so very clean. There can be no other possible explanation. /sarcasm

3 Likes

This might turn out useful.

1 Like

Not just a statue, a relatively expensive one, and some sort of elaborate ceremony on top of that. They’re not even “tone deaf”, or they would have left off the plinth; they damn well knew what they were doing was messed up. That’s direct, intentional a-holery, in my view (at a long remove, in the US ^^').

I’m not a Brit, but you know what? Fuck the Tories. I wouldn’t have thought it was possible to have less charm than the GOP in the US, but there you have it.

4 Likes

They are all commies?

A few years ago all the councillors were from the Labour party.

3 Likes

Wow, I think I may have to move to Manchester. If they’ll have me. And my partner.

(I was making a joke earlier about Thatcher’s popularity vs. Engels’ and now I find that locals–those living near that Engels statue–are even more interesting than I first imagined. Cool! And thanks for posting.)

2 Likes