Threatin, "fake" singer-songwriter you haven't thought about in about a year, now on tour

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/13/threatin-fake-singer-song.html

1 Like

i will not judege a book by its cover…
I Will Not Judge A Book By Its Cover…
I WILL NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER…

Looks at Wikipedia page…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jered_Threatin_on_tour_2015.png

Hahahahahahhahahah

4 Likes

Isn’t that the guy who kicked Jack Black out of his own band?

1 Like

Barry Jive and the Uptown Five Four?

1 Like

This is either like Bill & Ted’s excellent adventure end scene where they couldn’t play music before the concert, but they time travel away for intense traing then come back skilled,

Or this will be Milli Vanilli.

2 Likes

soooo , will he be at open mic nite tonite at w.o.wrights in beavercreek or not ??

2 Likes

How is this any weirder than any of the other perambulatory turds completely filling daytime television, “news” and Washington D. C.?

1 Like

Is Fake Fame fake? If an influencer tweets in the woods and there is no signal does it make any more or less sense?

2 Likes

Seems to me like this young man is on the path to the presidency.

1 Like

Most bands struggle to get any publicity. This guy managed to make himself headline news in multiple countries.
Good work says I.

And yes, he comes across as being a bit of an auteur shall we say, but I don’t see that as being particularly unusual for a musician.

1 Like

I’ve been there many times. Not only is it too classy a joint for a guy like Jered Threatin, but the crowd there looks like they’ll break a pool cue over his head if he fucks up.

It kind of scares me that I super wish I had been able to see this.

I want a tour where he opens for Cory Feldman and his Angels.

Or Threatin scores the next Tommy Wiseau film or even the next straight to VOD Nic Cage film.

Or Fred Durst directing a documentary about Threatin. (Go watch The Fanatic with Travolta, it’s amazing. Amazingly bad, but it’s the most fun I’ve had watching a movie in a while.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.