Three California Nazis sentenced to prison for their participation in the Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rally

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/20/three-california-nazis-sentenc.html

10 Likes

[Narrator: But they were.]

39 Likes

If all the Nazis are on your side then you’re on the wrong side.

64 Likes

But the antifa are the real terrorists /s

May these gentlemen look forward to a life of asking ‘do you want fries with that?’

29 Likes

I’m sure the orange douche in the WH is guilty of at least “to a single count of conspiracy to riot.”

20 Likes

they intended to provoke and engage in street battles with those that they perceived as their enemies.

Which is exactly what Nazis have been doing since the 1920s. Instigating brawls is not protected speech.

39 Likes

Don’t forget, all Nazis are also religious.

2 Likes

Specifically, Naziism is fascism, which is a death cult. Their members aspire to martyrdom.

20 Likes

jello-nazi-punks-fuck-off

48 Likes

True. Nazism makes a death cult of racial purity. This book (written in the 30s) really captures that:

20 Likes

Three California Nazis sentenced to prison

Good.

33 Likes

Although sentencing is good, I’m not happy with the idea that they’re very likely going to be tossed in with a mix of other white supremacists.

We need to fix the prisons, too, and think about rehabilitation and de-programming, not just punitive action, or we’re simply “upsizing” them for when they get out. Granted, it’s a mixed bag, but plenty of opportunity to share ideology.

39 Likes

Those are some excellent Marshall Project essays. I especially likes the one by Arthur Longworth.

That is when you sense that humanity is on common ground. When you’re beaten.

At times when you feel like there is nothing left for you to do but die, as prisoners often do, it’s hard to hate or even to see any difference in the man next to you — who you know, despite his color, is wearing the same goddamned shoes that you are.

9 Likes

I have no idea if prisons have formal policies governing separation of certain groups within their walls, but – if they don’t – then group separation may principally be driven by budgets (not having enough staff to control widespread sporadic violence within a mixed population) and/or by prison officials’ wanting to keep their jobs (riots don’t look good on resumes).

It’s possible that rehabilitation and de-programming could effectively be done by periodically forming a small-sized group (individuals pulled from separated groups) and placing them into a ‘violence-free’ zone and working rehab/deprog therein…?

6 Likes
13 Likes

Looks like they soon will be - officially speaking, that is.

Apparently, fascists are an ethnic group, as Ted’s cracking down on the “hatred and racism” of those who oppose fascist murderers, and that’s the only way that makes sense.

19 Likes

Awesome use of that wonderful song

5 Likes

Adios douchebags, have fun in the graybar hotel.

5 Likes

I have to say, though, I think this one is better…

Primarily because of this…

27 Likes

35 Likes