Three exploding manholes sent crowds running in Times Square

Originally published at: Three exploding manholes sent crowds running in Times Square | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Glad no one was seriously hurt…

11 Likes

yeah, it happens here and it is scary. but girl, put your phone down and start running. don’t get killed filming yourself running. smh.

6 Likes

It’s been more than 12 hours. Is the dubstep mix of “What the fuck?” girl ready yet?

What the fuck. What the fuck was that.
What the fuck. What the fuck was that.
(drum track)
What the fuck …

9 Likes

Hey, at least she didn’t just stand there and keep filming; I’ve totally seen too many fools do that when something dangerous happens near them.

7 Likes

Yeah, and it’s “person-hole” not “manhole”, respect the hole folks.

4 Likes

2 Likes

people are screaming and running this way! I should scream and run this way, too!!! It’s amazing to see the crowd react. Scary as shit, too.

human-hole ?

1 Like

mole-person-hole?

That just reminds me of the time I was working at the Flatiron building and a gas main blew a hole in 5th Ave, with a 20 ft. flame blowing out of it. We had a good view of it.

8 Likes

I was once working on the 3rd floor of 600 3rd, and the steam pipe running into the building blew up on a side street. 20’ crater, 100’ geyser of dry steam, mud, asphalt and bits of pipes and wires flying everywhere – it blew out three windows, and got our entire office sent home for a week until the damage could be repaired.

6 Likes

Holy holes Bat-Human!

1 Like

Thank goodness you avoided holey holes…

2 Likes

Well it is Monday, and you know what that means…

“Batperoffspring” (man = person, and -son = -offspring)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Wub wub wub wub
What the fuck was that

dubstep gifs GIF

4 Likes

2 Likes

I girl I used to talk to on the city bus in Jr. High was standing over a grate Downtown when a transformer exploded - she was covered in flaming oil w/PCB’s… 90% burns… managed to live for a few days.

Was one of those tragedies that didn’t need to happen (shitty maintenance, slap on wrist to utility).

3 Likes

I love the last clip. “People were seen running.” It looks like “People” translates to “mostly tourists”. There are plenty of people, likely New Yorkers, just waiting around to see what happened.

1 Like