Thunderbird team vows faster, easier-to-use, more stable versions in the year to come

Hey, I have two kids and a wife with a taste for Apple. I do most use my tablet a lot, but the PC is still chugging along…so until we get out of double daycare other things take precedence.

1 Like

I gave it a year. It was too frustrating and opaque for me. I bailed.

2 Likes

I’m a Linux user and I’ve been using Thunderbird since Eudora got too buggy and then went off maintenance.

By the time it became the only viable and maintained full email client, Thunderbird was quite good, and it only gets nicer. I’m really grateful to the people maintaining it.

I prune my emails as I go, but I like to keep conversations with real people around. Thunderbird resurrected archived emails that Eudora had messed up many years ago during some of its version “upgrades” - I’d kept the files around in hopes they’d be readable by something, sometime, and Thunderbird did a great job with them. So now I’ve got most of my emails going back 25 years.

2 Likes

Everybody’s heard
About the bird
Bird bird bird bird’s a word

Holy moly there’s should be some kind of award for recognition of this achievement. I am greeeeeeeeeeen with envy. Seriously. Good on ya!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.