TIL Disneyland will permit adult cosplay of trash cans

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/06/til-disneyland-will-permit-adu.html

4 Likes
2 Likes

What a nice tribute to the Imagineers, for whom no detail of the park is too mundane to be “plussed”.

9 Likes

I like to be a little trashy too.

5 Likes

They don’t allow cosplaying but they do allow “Disneybounding” which is basically coming up with a normal clothes version of Disney costumes. In a weird way the trash cans kinda fit that. Although the Indiana Jones themed outfit is really close to what the cast members of that ride wear and I could see it causing confusion with guests (the main reason they don’t want adults in costumes)

4 Likes

I wonder if this is so customers don’t confuse cosplayers with actual actor employees?

4 Likes

Yeah. I Heard several years ago a story about a guy who got in trouble because he looked too much like Santa Claus and kids were coming up to him… I think the trouble was he was encouraging it. I’ve also heard they don’t allow meetups with YouTube vlogger type people. I think they just need to be over cautious because parents see Disney as a safe place to let kids run around - they let their guard down a bit more than in the real world. Could be bad news if some random person was being treated like a character or employee without accountability.

4 Likes

Yes, those are all reasons why Disney is a boring, unimagnitive, but safe place.

I’ll never understand people obsessed with Disney. It’s the most bland, highly processed, sacrine sort of “fun” anyone can imagine.

1 Like

That’s, like, just your opinion man.

1 Like

What is the obsession with Disneyland here?

It’s a kid’s park for crying out loud.

(Runs away from Ca residents…)

2 Likes

I wonder if you’ve actually been to Disneyland? I’ll admit Disney as a corporation has issues, but it’s hard to go to Disneyland and not see why people have fun.

3 Likes

Give me the thrill rides, like Islands of Adventure, any day!

2 Likes

Doubles as some sort of ironic costume for anime conventions!

Yup, that made the news.

2 Likes

The goal of Cosplay is to dress up in the most obscure getup possible and then get really upset when no one knows who you are supposed to be (the 3rd guard to the Queen in ‘Battle Yor:New Blood’ book series… like duuhhh! )

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.