Tim Walz — meet the fun and normal VP pick in 2-minute montage: "We're not afraid of weird people" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/08/06/tim-walz-meet-the-fun-and-normal-vp-pick-in-2-minute-montage-were-not-afraid-of-weird-people-video.html

11 Likes

It looks like Walz is going to have some fun on this wild ride he just got onto.

24 Likes

Amen! And I am here for it!

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

22 Likes

I would say that quality alone reminds me that one of the innovations Joe Biden brought was making the vice president cool in its own right. He seems cut out to be the foil, a partner in the Democratic tradition.

That’s what makes Democrats special, when it clicks, the Press and veep have a sort of Buddy Cop vibe going, like Bill and Al had at times, or Barack and Joe. Joe and Kamala meshed well too, we just never saw it in the press because it wasn’t lurid or salicious enough, didn’t fit with their “Joe is old” stencil. But it’s so obvious in hindsight that they worked well together by how smoothly the campaign switched hands.

So here’s looking forward to eight years of Kamala and Tim kicking butt!

20 Likes

22 Likes

Lets Go Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

15 Likes

17 Likes

19 Likes

At first I thought he meant the NABJ interview. :rofl:

14 Likes

Letterkenny! For the win!

8 Likes

Merry Christmas GIF by Peloton

10 Likes

… Walz does seem a bit like, “Just get me a younger version of Joe Biden” :thinking:

4 Likes

I have known about Walz for less than 24 hours and already I adore this guy.

11 Likes

But after Biden the Grey sacrifices himself, doesn’t he come back as Biden the White?

16 Likes

Joe Biden Victory GIF

10 Likes
18 Likes

Yay!

11 Likes
15 Likes

Ah, shopped.

Here’s the original, which is still awesome.

13 Likes

I gotta tell you, I can’t wait to debate the guy. That is, if he’s willing to get off the couch and show up.

23 Likes