Tim Walz can't wait to debate J.D. Vance "if he's willing to get off the couch and show up"

Originally published at: Tim Walz can't wait to debate J.D. Vance "if he's willing to get off the couch and show up" - Boing Boing

14 Likes

It’s a rare treat to be able to say to a future VP that yes,

33 Likes

Vance might have conditions for appearing at a debate.

d70ffb8e-0e14-472d-a35a-151fc06de733_text

34 Likes

The invitation has to be couched in terms he will accept.

25 Likes

Who’s going to chair it?

20 Likes

@mspie500 posted this in another thread…

Her face, tho! :laughing:

25 Likes

One hopes he also gets the couch off, as such things should always be mutual.

20 Likes

I know that face- it’s the “Can’t laugh. Can’t Laugh. CAN’T LAUGH” face. :rofl:

Walz made some faces as well, mostly during Harris’s introduction of him, which I’ve seen in the mirror. the “Ah, shucks, I’m just doing what is right and decent” face, with a tinge of “can’t cry”. (I have a trait of not taking praise terribly well, especially publically, and I’ve made that same face before.)

I like this ticket.

22 Likes

I wasn’t totally getting the Midwestern Dad vibe people say he has until he pointed out the joke after. As a Midwestern Dad, I can attest that is something that we apparently are genetically inclined to do when we think we made a clever little joke, as my kids will groan and attest to.

18 Likes
17 Likes

pure, uncut dad energy

Fathers Day Dad GIF

19 Likes

The more I hear/read about Walz, the more I like him.

I was voting for Harris anyway no matter who she picked, but I am happy she picked him.

Shapiro may have been the POLITICAL choice, but Walz was the RIGHT choice.

23 Likes

13 Likes

I wasn’t expecting that

11 Likes

22 Likes

Shapiro supports school vouchers
He would have annoyed me. Walz was a public school teacher. Much better.

12 Likes

I’ve been hoping for that in a(nother*) POTUS since I’ve been able to vote (having had a rather inspiring English teacher in 12th grade). I’ll take VP though.

*(& yeah, he wouldn’t be the 1st; I’d forgotten about LBJ.)

6 Likes

I’m not sure about the Swedish, but my attempt at Norwegian would make uknullelig as something like “unfuckable”

3 Likes

Trump campaign says they are not talking about couches

Yes you are. By saying you’re not talking about it, you’re talking about it!

Everyone knows it’s a silly joke, but only one person is taking it to “fishsticks” level.

7 Likes

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

1 Like