JD Vance insecurely laughs at his joke, alone

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/22/jd-vance-insecurely-laughs-at-his-joke-alone.html

8 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

21 Likes

I feel kinda sorry for this swollen-faced maroon.
Maybe it’s extreme hayfever?
Perhaps an allergy to chin-hair?
It does look like he’s been punched in the head from every direction all at the same time.
Oh well…

11 Likes

He pimps for billionaires. The only reason he was picked for VP by The Donvict.

15 Likes

“Please laugh…”

30 Likes

Ah, of course, an RTD.

republican transmitted disease, for those who did not see that coming.

11 Likes

Watching this buffoon reminds me of the feeling I get watching the original Office show…or Threes Company.

Set Cringe Level…to 11…

10 Likes

Backpfeifengesicht.

17 Likes

What’s the joke? I don’t even get it. Who drinks Diet Mountain Dew anyways? What’s the point? :clown_face:

8 Likes

16 Likes

Like he got on the wrong side of Kenshiro?

tumblr_fde030c970b87fa719fa9eb0d6a398d8_97041221_1280

6 Likes
  1. “Please laugh”

2. Uh - was there a joke in there somewhere?

3. My dude. Just look what other Trump supporters are saying about your wife. Maybe some of the labels of “racist” apply to a good number of Republicans.

14 Likes

Wow. Well Harris has a low bar to clear to pick a VP better than that.

14 Likes

So he’s already dead?

5 Likes

Politicians’ jokes are seldom very funny. This one is pretty lame, IMO, but it was never intended to be a howler. And Vance seems to have the audience chuckling along. (Folks visible to his rear seem amused. I’m not surprised that the mikes wouldn’t pick more up.)

Schadenfreude-based posts like this always strike me as dangerous fare. The battle’s not won; it’s barely begun. It remains to be seem how the Republican and Democratic tickets will match up. (Hell, the latter is not even set. Have we even heard Kamala speak as a full-on presidential candidate in 2024?)

Remember every day of Trump’s presidency, when we were all so gleeful that he was about to be led away in handcuffs? Remember each of the 1400+ days when that didn’t happen?

Vance is formidable. His career as a politician is still young. Even if he looks like a Garbage Pail Kid, he might learn how to command a podium – at a rally, town hall, or debate – rather quickly. Kamala herself has yet to have a great showing in any of those forums…

I want Vance to suck. I want him to implode. We have yet to see that happen.

7 Likes

Sheryl Lee Ralph No GIF by ABC Network

Not all of us… maybe speak for yourself.

Obama Reaction GIF

6 Likes

[citation needed]

He has less political experience that a cucumber that’s in my fridge.

The single biggest liability the GOP faces from an electoral standpoint is abortion access, and Vance is on record in support of a total, national ban on abortion with zero exceptions and sending women who try to have an abortion to prison

He’s a liability for a VP choice, and that’s saying something when the main candidate is a convicted felon…

14 Likes

The guy screws couches AND THEN WRITES ABOUT IN HIS BOOK. Even Trump keeps it to humans (as far as we know).

5 Likes

Your concern is noted. We know Vance is a dangerous fascist. That doesn’t make his desperation for the laugh that never came any less pathetic. It also doesn’t change the fact that he’s on the ticket not because he can connect to the average American but mainly because Peter Thiel and other rich Nazi creeps, with the co-operation of the corporate media, put him there.

12 Likes

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Los Angeles Anniversary GIF by The Paley Center for Media

We don’t deal with fascists by letting them get away with their shit. We call them out on their shit every time.

9 Likes