JD Vance's attempt to insult Josh Shapiro backfires spectacularly (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/08/02/jd-vances-attempt-to-insult-josh-shapiro-backfires-spectacularly-video.html

2 Likes

JD Vance, a weird flailing bitter nerd.

18 Likes

Love the way the Dems are getting ‘weird’ into mentions of the GOP at every possible opportunity.

20 Likes

[Picture of Vance] pretending to be normal in a fast food restaurant

That huge plate of French fries; is that normal for a single serving?

9 Likes
11 Likes

May neither be our next VP.
Kamala, please don’t choose a racist like Shapiro. If this race is close, 700,000 people voted uncommitted in Democratic primaries for a reason. Shapiro sounds like Kushner and his recent actions do not evidence a change in perspective

15 Likes

They made the same comparison on the Daily Show the other day:

2 Likes

TDS correspondents weren’t trying to use it a racist attempt to delegitimize him, though.

11 Likes

JD Vance

Or, as he identifies, ‘Jed of the Hill People’ …

7 Likes

“Captain Obvious?”

How current.

Maybe false equivs should just be avoided when possible?

8 Likes

For those whose button still isn’t working:

JD Vance’s attempt to insult Josh Shapiro backfires spectacularly (video)

Ellsworth Toohey 11:46 am Fri Aug 2, 2024

Vance pretending to be normal in a fast food restaurant 2022 campaign photo.

You know, I’m starting to think Trump’s racist tantrum at the NABJ convention on Wednesday wasn’t intended to take attention away from Kamala Harris and direct it towards him. It was intended to take attention away from JD Vance and direct it towards him.

Lately, Vance has been much better at spouting weird garage than Trump, and the media has been lapping it up. That’s a big no-no in the 78-year-old narcissist’s book. Even worse, Vance’s garbage doesn’t stick like Trump’s does, making Vance both an embarrassment and an annoyance.

The latest example of Vance lobbing a dud only to have it tossed back to blow up in his fat face can be seen in this video posted by Acyn. It was taken at a press conference where Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, a front runner for the Democratic VP pick, was asked to respond to JD Vance’s weak-sauce insult toward Shapiro, calling him “a really bad impression of Barack Obama.”

Shapiro’s response nails Vance as a pitiful opportunist:

Is that what he said? That’s great… Barack Obama is probably our most gifted orator of my time, so it’s kind of a weird insult, I guess. But, look, I’ll say this about J D Vance. It is real hard being honest with the American people when you’re not being honest with yourself. JD Vance is a total phony baloney. He is the most inorganic candidate I think I have ever seen on the national stage. He doesn’t know what he believes. And that is why it is impossible for him to articulate a coherent message to the American people — because he doesn’t believe it. This guy is not exactly off to a good start, and it is clear that Donald Trump really has buyer’s remorse with his pick."

13 Likes

Even worse, Vance’s garbage doesn’t stick like Trump’s does

Have you asked his couch?

17 Likes

Don’t mix up his garbage and his junk.

11 Likes
9 Likes

Thank you!

8 Likes

They made the same comparison but where is the equivalence? If anything, we could criticize Vance for ripping off the Daily Show.

(Not sure how many times I can be bothered to do this, though…)

7 Likes

*sighs

Intent.

That was my point.

Good day.

9 Likes

I just hope it’s temporary.

7 Likes

Me too. Can’t abide the “summarize with AI” nonsense.

9 Likes