Time for a new toothbrush?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/28/time-for-a-new-toothbrush.html

Sounds great, but what about finding replacement heads? That seems to be the problem with stuff like this. the products go through some kind of evolution resulting in the consumables no longer being available.

Indeed. The fact that this toothbrush isn’t on Amazon is a bad sign for its longevity.

I’ve used a Philips Sonicare Toothbrush for over a decade. Every couple of years, I buy another set of replacement heads, most recently for $9/head.

I also just discovered that I’m expected to do the same thing for my six-year-old electric razor. I didn’t realize that was a thing, but for a few bucks it now shaves as good as new.

2 Likes

A great solution that’s fairly new is Quip - electric toothbrush service that sends out new heads quarterly. $40 US for the toothbrush, heads are $5. You can prepay in advance and the cost goes down, or add on toothpaste. Been using it the past four months and it’s good. Toothpaste is rather refreshing too if you’re looking for a change.

I tried an electric toothbrush once. It was nice briefly. But with the moisture and the bathroom environment, entire civilizations of nasty vile-smelling things grew, fought wars, and evolved in the hollows inside extremely quickly. I wouldn’t consider another unless it was guaranteed waterproof and airtight. And/or came with a year’s worth of single-use disposable heads.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.