Time to rethink those 'Delete my Browser History" medic alert bracelets?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/28/time-to-rethink-those-delete.html

1 Like

Don’t mess with fake medic alert bracelets.

This is what tattoos are for. Or divine intervention.

3 Likes

So in other words, it’s all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

13 Likes

It’s a distraction in an English speaking country. Elsewhere it can be life threatening.

10 Likes

I imagine that a carload of DUI douches with matching “blood type bud light” wrist bands and one “no vaccinations/fluoride” would sour you on the humor, whether or not it’s a safety issue.

8 Likes

Someone dear to me is allergic to penicillin.

So, zero tolerance for any fake even possibly causing a distraction. Just Fuck off.

10 Likes

14 Likes

How many people actually wear these? I can’t imagine it’s very many.

3 Likes

It is difficult to judge, I mean, how many people did you think would vote for Trump?

7 Likes

Hmmm. It would be nasty to invent and plant this trend: Bracelets with “Christian doctors only!” or other intolerant ideas.

7 Likes

I don’t work in the medical field, but it seems very disrespectful and flippant to wear one of those bracelets. Especially if you end up in a situation where others are trying to save your life, if the bracelet is just a distraction i don’t think it wise to distract EMT from doing their job.

Edit: An alternative that won’t annoy responders. Write it into your will.

5 Likes

Prayers and thoughts only.

3 Likes

About as many as actually voted for him. I know my Americans.

2 Likes

“Do not don’t do resuscitate.”

4 Likes

I found it much easier to just disable the browser history as a rule. It’s just Easier if that shit isn’t collected in the first place.

3 Likes

8 years working in the ER and I guess I basically forgot that they’ve ever existed (nurse).

I’d probably laugh. It’s not like we are giving people a lot of penicillin on arrival if they are unconcious.

They might be handy for diabetics but EMS usually checks 100% of every patients sugars anyway. Particularly unconscious people.

4 Likes

“He’s unresponsive. Check his medical bracelet.”

“Um… it say, “Do not don’t do resuscitate.”?”

“Okay, call it. Terminal Arsehole.”

6 Likes

I regret nothing.

2 Likes

History serves a purpose. I personally find it very useful, indispensable even. Sites I want off the record constitute a small percentage of my browsing and then it’s easy to hit Ctrl+Shift+P.