Laugh or cry at the worst medical takes ever put to text

Originally published at: Laugh or cry at the worst medical takes ever put to text | Boing Boing

2 Likes

On the microblogging site formerly known as Twitter?
Pass.

18 Likes

I read through some of that stuff and I feel like I just lost about twenty IQ points.

8 Likes

The stupid.

It burns.

2 Likes

“Tactical coconut oil”. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Or if you don’t want to support the racism site, Bad Medical Takes (@badmedicaltakes@med-mastodon.com) - Med-Mastodon

17 Likes

Why are they arguing about periods? I am vaguely familiar with the other ones (bla bla ‘lemon is an alkaline’), but what are the front lines in the periods argument?

I have definitely reached my capacity for these kinds of things though.

8 Likes

They don’t seem to be actually cross-posting content there.

sad james corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

3 Likes

:person_facepalming: ugh

1 Like

Yeah it seems like they made that account just to reserve the name if they ever decided to abandon Xitter, which they haven’t yet.

1 Like

These barely even qualify as “bad medical takes”.

It’s not like doctors are saying these things or retrospectives on how lobotomies used to be considered a cure-all, or that bad humors cause disease. It’s just ignorant people saying ignorant things.

I mean, haven’t we heard enough of this with people’s misinformed opinions on COVID, vaccines, abortion, gender affirming care, masking, and such? Do we really need more of this?

8 Likes

A tactical coconut, OTOH, could be a thing. Two would be better, one up each side of your assailant’s head. Definitely everyone should be carrying two coconuts at all times.

3 Likes

Ideally, all warfare should be conducted by utilizing coconuts in the form most fitting the culinary combat arts:
bugs bunny cooking GIF by Looney Tunes

1 Like

Per the style manual Elmo’s site is “Xitter”, until he sells it.

1 Like

coconut-gallop

4 Likes

Those are transportation coconuts. They are commonly mixed up with the tactical ones.

5 Likes

Yeah, I had to stop about 10 deep. They’re just wrong on an almost first grade level sometimes.

2 Likes
1 Like

Wait, they don’t go into CON? Oh dear. [Secretly chuffed his magic resistance might be higher.]