Timothee Chalamet as Wonka

Originally published at: Timothee Chalamet as Wonka in first trailer | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I wonder if they’ll finally delve into all the wacky time and space bending weirdness of the source material in Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.

16 Likes

Chalamet follows Gene Wilder (classic one-liners, but overrated) and Johnny Depp (virtually unwatchable)

argue drag race GIF by Shalita Grant

20 Likes

Clearly for the sequel Paul King needs to pry Noel Fielding loose from his gig at the baking show. He’s already got half the old Mighty Boosh crew working for him, just round up Julian Barrett and Richard Ayoade and burn the house down.

16 Likes

They’ve confiscated all the acid in Timmy Cha-Cha’s Choco Factory

3 Likes

I can’t think of TC without thinking of a dumb French movie I watched where a character is described as looking like “Timothée Chalamet, mais en moche.” (idiomatically, something like “Timothee Chalamet, the ugly edition.”).

(The joke is that when the character finally appears, he turns out to be built like a brick outhouse and covered in tattoos, at which point the speaker admits that the photo he has is three years old.)

9 Likes

With all due respect, I prefer my chocolate dark…

trippy gene wilder GIF

18 Likes

So this is actually happening and isn’t another deepfake Wes Anderson’s Charlie & The Chocolate Factory?

9 Likes

I was angry that this was being made until I saw it was from the Paddington director. It’ll probably be o.k.

9 Likes

Oh, I would

definitely

watch that.

6 Likes

I do like the idea of Wonka busting a cartel.

3 Likes

… do we need a new one every 20 years :confused:

5 Likes

It’s just that the original is so good and has stood the test of times, I’m not sure if it really needs to be remade.

5 Likes

…again and again and again. True dat.

3 Likes

Depp is virtually unwatchable. Dude shoved a bottle up his wife (among other awful things), so he can fuck right off. Plus his acting in recent years just fucking sucks. He’s god damn awful on screen now.

Gene Wilder, however, was perfection in the role and I doubt anyone will ever top him.

9 Likes

This isn’t a remake. It’s the origin story.

7 Likes

So we need to get #NotMyWilly trending then?

9 Likes

Wow, it has both the winner and loser from That’s Numberwang!

6 Likes

Over…Rated?!?

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

6 Likes

Looks like Sally Hawkins is in it… so, we’ll be watching it. :blush:

5 Likes