Tips from a fellow who has been social distancing for 50 years

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/02/tips-from-a-fellow-who-has-be.html

9 Likes

Is it shouting “Fuck off!” to everyone who comes within earshot?
Simple plans are the best.

25 Likes

Well, duh.

14 Likes

What if grumpy is already my number one lifestyle choice?

20 Likes

Sometimes, Barr said, it’s kind of satisfying to be grumpy about something.

My Dear Wife is embracing this a little too much today.

18 Likes

I toe the line between being extroverted and introverted though i would consider myself more of an introvert. The social distancing we’ve been having to go through has been though i’ll admit but my daily routine hasn’t really changed that much and i am quite content to stay at home, but i do wish i could go out to the movies or check out new places to eat ]:

7 Likes

Has always worked for me.

7 Likes

The trick is not to get into a rut, but to try and be just a little grumpier each day.

22 Likes

I’ve discovered at a time like this that my problems with properly socializing are a super power.

Although I also miss the options of new places to eat. Neither my wife nor I are very good cooks, and that’s not looking to change anytime soon, what with the roulette that is grocery stores around here.

“Let’s see. Creamy peanut butter, Spam, six eggs, Tobasco, and a granola bar… Hmm…”

10 minutes later:

7 Likes

My #1 tip: don’t take the tips of someone who has been socially distancing him from others voluntarily and confuse them as good tips for someone who is forced into that routine…

We tend to have a very different reason for avoiding social contact, so I consider it very much possible that we may have quite different ways of dealing with it as well.

2 Likes

The Oz equivalent:

Asbestos town. Interview with isolated local at 9:30.

3 Likes

Sometimes, Barr said, it’s kind of satisfying to be grumpy about something.

I embraced this one years ago!

Apologies for posting to BB when grumpy, though…
No, really: sorry. I know I’ve done it, and shouldn’t have done.

4 Likes

if anyone has tips on finding a job like this, i’m realizing if i didn’t have the anxiety around being laid off, i’d be perfectly fine living like this guy (esp if I had good internet or good-ish + a library to go to bulk download movies once in a while)

edit: i’m 100% serious, get in those DMs

1 Like

Now, now… even women have the right to grump.

5 Likes

This guy really knows where his towel is.

4 Likes

I was waiting to cross the street during a social distancing walk, and someone pulled up on a bike, looked over, and shouted “TWO METERS” in an English accent (which was very David Lynch since we’re not anywhere near England.)

Is it just me or is rolling up literally next to me then getting mad you’re next to me unreasonable?

(Especially since the crosswalk is actually forward from where cars are supposed to stop)

But I’m pro-social so rather than argue I backed up

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.