To heck with human lives. Colorado Rep. Buck needs his AR-15s to kill raccoons (video)

Originally published at: To heck with human lives. Colorado Rep. Buck needs his AR-15s to kill raccoons (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The weapon that swapped out the accuracy of prior military rifles for the ability to lay down rapid fire in denser fighting environments like Vietnam? Sure pal.

Also, who wants to bet he’s never so much as touched a live chicken in his life, let alone a raccoon carcass?

33 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

As others have pointed out in another topic, the AR-15 platform isn’t really a good rifle for killing varmints like raccoons. If this ammosexual clown and his ilk must use it, however, I’m open to allowing them to apply for an industrial use license with strict conditions.

24 Likes

Newsflash, comrade; the fascists don’t use 'dog whistles 'anymore.

They gleefully let their hate flags fly high now…

23 Likes

What the fuck kind of raccoons is this clown up against?

rocket

45 Likes

If you need an AR-15 for varmint hunting, that’s a great reason to have your guns taken away.

36 Likes

You emphasise that part of the sentence you’re the one that looks like an asshole, you know that, right?

11 Likes

35 Likes

Efff your AR-15! Said this guy. Probably.

34 Likes

The only thing more effective at keeping raccoons from your chickens is a much much less expensive chicken coop.

Based on “a fool and his money are soon parted” the fine gentleman in question has certainly earned the label “fool” or possibly even “fucking idiot”.

19 Likes

Adding emphasis that wasn’t evident in the actual content does seem a helluva lot like projection…

8 Likes

We’ll find out in a bit.

Desperate Housewives Waiting GIF by HULU

8 Likes

All my grandfather needed was his .22 rifle.

21 Likes

I manged to get rid of some problem raccoons without guns or ending their lives:

34 Likes

I remember the Bad Old Days before automatic weapons. A 'coon could take out an entire family before the village elders could round up enough young men to approach it in a phalanx armed with Remington lever-action rifles to try to take it out. And the losses could be heavy, let me tell you.

33 Likes

Of course, after shooting a raccoon with an AR-15 there probably isn’t much carcass left to touch.

7 Likes

Just look at those chonkers.

I guess this guy’s approach is “why kill raccoons with a noisy assault weapon when you could do it silently with heart disease?”

20 Likes

Apologies, no offense intended. I hear your point, happy to have my comment removed if it causes distress.

Still – it seemed pretty clear to me what he was saying, wanted to call him out for it. The racist trope of Black men raping White women goes back to the Birth of a Nation days. It’s disgusting, immoral, factually incorrect, and hateful. I personally don’t think we should let the propagation of hateful stereotypes stand unaddressed, but I recognize that may not meet BB’s community standards.

1 Like

Thing is, I doubt he reads Boing Boing.

Delete button is right there, buddy. Push it and we can all move on.

6 Likes