Tobias Strebel, who underwent plastic surgery to look like Justin Bieber, found dead

[Read the post]

Justin who?

4 Likes

Heā€™s that kid who kind of looks like Tobias Strebel? He had a few songs that did all right.

8 Likes

But was he eaten by badgers?

This story was sad when it first ran, now itā€™s tragic.

No jokes to be made.

25 Likes

Yeah. Poor guy really fucked up his face to try and look like a celebrity, ended up looking like someone from the uncanny valley and nowā€¦

Wellā€¦

I donā€™t really have anything else to say but: sad.

2 Likes

Every time I hear a story in the same vein as thisā€“person does something kind of odd, dies too soonā€“i kiss my wife and animals.

4 Likes

Yet another reason to avoid Justin Bieber and Motel 6.

1 Like

Iā€™ve stayed at many a Motel 6. There are worse places to expire.

6 Likes

What a shame. All that money down the drain and he didnā€™t look any better, just different.

1 Like

I suspect this is not really a case of wanting to look better or Bieber, so much as its a case of a particular sort of body dysmorphia, which is associated with high rates of depression and suicide. No amount of plastic surgery is going to solve those issues.

15 Likes

Classy thread.

1 Like

Probable.

I am no shrink but itā€™s likely a case of ā€˜Iā€™d rather be anyone but me.ā€™ Kinda like that guy that wanted to look like ken, or the girl that wanted to look like barbie Iā€™d seen on TV a few times (completewith professionals begging both to seek psychiatric treatment.)

Iā€™m not in a joking mood about this guy dying. Sure he wanted to look like someone I think is an overhyped asshole, but thatā€™s not the point. HE WANTED TO BE SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE HE THOUGHT HIS LIFE WAS THAT SHITTY.

And now heā€™s dead. Laugh all you people want. A manā€™s dead and likely without ever being anything remotely happy or even able to properly look at himself in the mirror without feeling shame and revulsion.

Laugh I say. Laugh.

6 Likes

If you have a choice between laugh and cry, pick the first.

The world as a whole is one big lousy recycled joke.

Still no details on cause of death that I can find. They found drugs in the room, but no mention on if that was the cause of death. Sad all around.

Well, thereā€™s laughing at the world and thereā€™s laughing at the victims of that world.

This fits into the latter category.

1 Like

I donā€™t see people on this thread laughing at him. I think weā€™re all aware that this is a sad situation, not just that he died young but also that he didnā€™t seem to be happy with himself during life.

1 Like

Someone out there is inevitably already making the joke that zomg it was actually Bieber who died and he has gone on to take Bieberā€™s place, but ā€¦ no, just looking at the pic ruins whatever potential that might have had.

Fairly directly, theyā€™re laughing at his situation / fate, or abstractly cracking wise at ā€œpeople like himā€. Which is still at his expense and those in the same state, not the worldā€™s expense.

The sad part is that I could only tell which was the before pic after a while of staring. I seriously wonder how weak and inefficient the ethics boards are for that industry.

Perhaps theyā€™re too busy going after worse members :frowning:

1 Like

In part, there are certainly cosmetic surgeons in the world who will change you any way you want, no questions asked. Some competent artists, some deadly inept.

On the other hand, itā€™s not clear to me when peopleā€™s self-determination to modify their bodies should be curtailed.

2 Likes