Today in transphobia (Part 2)

You don’t have unfettered free speech when you’re on the job.

I really want that case to end up in the US Supreme Court just so I can see what Clarence Thomas does with the cognitive dissonance that’s going to create in his brain. It might give him a stroke. For anyone who doesn’t know what I’m referring to, SCOTUS has pretty consistently ruled in multiple cases over multiple iterations of the Court that teachers and students don’t lost their First Amendment right to free speech at the front door of the school. The consistent, and typically lone, dissenter to that idea has been Clarence Thomas. He’s normally, “Nope, schools can set whatever rules they want inside the school. You leave your First Amendment rights at the door.” Here, he’s going to want to side with the teacher, obviously, but doing so will go against everything he’s previously argued in similar cases.

5 Likes

Because 4 randos on Xitter are a reliable source of facts? I get that opinions vary, but how about using the opinions of experts? I can find 4 randos who think the Earth is flat, too, but that doesn’t make it a valid opinion.

6 Likes

I think it’s an ambit claim: Musk actively wants it so that 4 randos on Xitter are considered a reliable source of facts. He would happily burn down all the libraries to make his Nazi machine the arbiter of truth.

4 Likes

you suck donald glover GIF

7 Likes

It’s one thing to have those beliefs, but who makes that a core part of their personality? And are they adopting that acronym proudly now? It didn’t used to be a label they liked.

6 Likes

She doesn’t want to date anyone who thinks humans can change sex. Funny how that didn’t make it into all the stories crying about how right-wingers can’t find dates.

7 Likes

List your depravity in your dating profile and save everyone else some time.

6 Likes

So you’re saying I should include that I actually like candy corn on my dating profiles?

4 Likes

You can have more interesting depravities than that. I believe in you!

3 Likes

When I was younger, maybe. I have become boring.

3 Likes

I feel you, sister!

5 Likes

229cb5a8-14d8-4382-b7e5-2af880c04fa8_text

4 Likes

Also…

I’m a 34 year old female

Moi8Rpr

Um… neither of you are boring!

7 Likes

I’m so old I forget how old I am!

2 Likes

You’re perfectly aged!

5 Likes

It’s ok, I’m approximately 1.37 Borings.

4 Likes

Me too, candy corn is delicious!!!

3 Likes

Brach’s tastes good, all the others just taste like wax. So there! :grin:

3 Likes