Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Awww, shit. Damn it, why did she have to do that?

13 Likes

Yeah… All that retro-active pointed sexuality stuff in her characters recently and now this. It doesn’t look good. Perhaps she has something to say and doesn’t know quite how to say it?

14 Likes

I’ll share my own story from today, which was actually kinda funny; I’m headed to a music lesson with my 5 year old son, and a Grand Goth Drag Queen opens the door to the building. I think she realized how imposing she might be so she greeted us with “happy pride day!” I think to try to explain why she was dressed in such an unusual way. My son was not phased - didn’t bat an eye. That’s just normal where we are. Which I think makes it a great Pride Day.

8 Likes

I’ve seen the term “late stage capitalism” tossed around quite a bit. This strikes me as “late stage feminism.” A desperate attempt by some women to reserve sexual equality for those with the right DNA bits, rather than identity based gender. Shame on them.

4 Likes
12 Likes

No.

Those arseholes do not get to claim feminism for themselves. Emma Goldman (Born 150 years ago yesterday) was supportive of trans people in the 1920s.

20 Likes
7 Likes

Thread:

16 Likes

Well, that fucking sucks.

I used to think she was kinda awesome.

Ugh.

7 Likes

Rather uneven policing, since they’ve only arrested Pride supporters and none of the far-right thugs captured on video. (Update: One thug arrested.)

8 Likes

The terf “transvestigation” crew - which tries to out trans women by applying sexist beauty standards to people’s pictures (while calling themselves feminists and human beings) now has determined that AOC is trans.

Sadly - we don’t have that kind of fabulous luck. But if I may - I’d be honored to offer you an honorary membership. Though I warn you - the dues can be pretty steep.

16 Likes

These people are fascists.

21 Likes

What the actual fuck.

Some people clearly have way too much time on their hands, and too much hate in their hearts.

O_o

21 Likes

I’m hoping she just swims out to sea and saves us her trite, unhelpful opinions.

11 Likes

Literally just finished watching “Transtrenders”.

Um… NO, because you can’t repopulate the earth with two people? What a dumb, transphobic asshole.

15 Likes

Yup, she’s one of those pushing the case against Caster Semenya. MBE; the E doesn’t stand for Empathy.

10 Likes

There is a marked trend for insularity, surviving genetic bottlenecks and r-strategy to allow far lower MVPs than average. Conversely, taxa easily affected by inbreeding depression – having high MVPs – are often decidedly K-strategists, with low population densities while occurring over a wide range. An MVP of 500 to 1,000 has often been given as an average for terrestrial vertebrates when inbreeding or genetic variability is ignored.[7][8] When inbreeding effects are included, estimates of MVP for many species are in the thousands. Based on a meta-analysis of reported values in the literature for many species, Traill et al. reported concerning vertebrates "a cross-species frequency distribution of MVP with a median of 4169 individuals (95% CI = 3577–5129)."[9]

Wiki on min pop size.

9 Likes

And what did you learn?

2 Likes

So… wait. They’re saying that because AOC has a strong jawline and chin, she has to be transgender?

Perfect example of how bigotry makes you fucking stupid.

18 Likes