Today's mass shootings

I hate when my hometown makes the news for something like this. Why couldn’t it be a tornado…

8 Likes

And back to school shootings, because, why not?

10 Likes
9 Likes

Of course, what will be taken from that is that Discord and Twitch are evil and must be controlled or shut down or otherwise taken away from people.

Never mind that they are neutral, and it’s the communities he was mixing in which are toxic. Never mind that 2ⁿchan won’t be touched, even though their only purpose is to be toxic.

No, it will be the equivalent of “two nazis met in a public library. Clearly the problem is libraries, so we’re going to regulate them out of existence. That will solve the problem of nazis.”

16 Likes
12 Likes
19 Likes
12 Likes

Very sad. Tragedy on top of tragedy. Not that anyone being killed like this is not a tragic happening, but the desperate lack of primary care docs right now make this even more painful.

11 Likes

I was 2 blocks away at the time. In fact, that would have been the Red Line station I would have been coming out of at the time, but I agreed to carpool with others instead. Didn’t hear the shots – maybe I’m inured? – but boy were there a lot of police sirens.

I am pleased to read that at least some of the victims were taken to Northwestern. It’s an excellent hospital, first of all, but also there is an ugly history of white people/those with insurance being taken there and Black people/those without being taken on a much longer ride to the county hospital.

18 Likes

Oh god…

13 Likes
9 Likes

Police say two girls, ages 14 and 15, were shot. The 14-year-old was shot once in her foot, while the 15-year-old was hit in her back and left foot, police say. The 14-year-old girl is in stable condition, and the 15-year-old is in critical but stable condition, according to police.

A 14-year-old boy was also shot in the rib cage. He’s in critical but stable condition.

13 Likes

More kids with guns.

14 Likes
13 Likes
9 Likes

Fucking fuckers…

Sandy Hook redux. What the hell…

19 Likes

My 13 year old son just told me about this Texas massacre. This is a legitimate fear Zoomers have, and as a parent, it infuriates me but also breaks my heart. Getting murdered at school isn’t something any kid should have to worry about.

20 Likes

@IronEdithKidd
My kid starts kindergarten next year. This is terrifying and heart breaking. I cannot help asking why an elementary school? Also, how many kids need to die?

14 Likes

I had the same feeling when Sandy Hook happened (my oldest was in elementary school). I cried a lot afterwards. I’m with you now, too, as I have twins going into Kindergarten two years from now. I can’t believe this is still happening.

9 Likes
12 Likes