Today's mass shootings

8 Likes
12 Likes

The person who triggered the lockdown is getting psychiatric testing only, but at least 3 parents were arrested for trying to get into the school to protect their children. And it’s Arizona, so it’s highly likely all 3 of those parents vote a straight Republican ballot. They’re Republicans in theory, but even they know when push comes to shove, you can’t trust the police.

11 Likes

since one of them had a also had a gun that he was trying to take into the school, i think it raises the odds you’re right

fwiw: the article says charges are pending post evaluation

9 Likes

ETA: Godammit, people…

13 Likes

Not much information yet. Apparently, some shoppers returned fire. We’ll see how many of the injured or killed were hit by the shooter and how many were hit by “good guys.”

16 Likes

Update:

13 Likes

What the fucketing fuck…

15 Likes

Update: the 20 y.o. shooter had a history of violence and had been making online threats, warning that he was going to massacre people for weeks. Police said they were “investigating the writings.”

FFS, people. Oregon has a red flag law. Anybody could have reported this guy’s rantings and they could have made sure there were no weapons in his household. He had an AR and shotgun on him and a sawed-off shotgun and Molotov cocktails in his car. :rage:

One of the victims was an unarmed 66 y.o. Safeway employee who died confronting the shooter and partially disarmed him. So our society is being held together by (checks notes) a guy who should be enjoying retirement rather than working for (likely) near minimum wage and catching a bullet for it.

None of the armed citizens in the store did anything effective to stop the shooter, from what we know right now.

18 Likes

So, remember the shooter in downtown Portland who was the Furry, named Polybun? Shot 5, killed one, amongst BLM people?

He was reported eight times to Portland Police Bureau over the past 5 years, and twice to the FBI, who even went to visit him.

Nobody took his guns away because the police here are fucking corrupt and won’t do anything “to take away people’s rights.”

Just wait, over the next month or so, like with Benjamin Smith (Polybun, a guy I’d known for years and who was threatening to murder people for DECADES) , we’ll find out that the Bend police knew all about this guy, got multiple reports about him, possibly even the FBI too… and chose not to do anything.

7 Likes

Remember, To Protect* and Serve

* There is no legal‡ requirement that any police officer undertake or avoid taking any action which protects the lives or safety of people
† Police officers primarily serve the needs of the Police Force, locally and generally. You do not appear in their chain of command.
‡ Political or monetary requirements may exist. You will already know if these apply in your case.§
§ They almost certainly do not.

14 Likes
8 Likes

This sort of thing just staggers me. Going shopping amid a hail of bullets coming from all directions.
And the Rs want to arm teachers? To replicate this kind of shit?

13 Likes

The cruelty unending mindless violence is the point.

15 Likes

i think it’s not clear that actually happened. some people initially reported there were multiple shooters while the latest police statement said there was just one. ( the shooter had multiple guns, so maybe it was that. ) the latest update i heard was that he killed himself

things will take a while to settle out i think

12 Likes

Ah, okay.
No less awful, but appreciate the update.

8 Likes

yeah. it’s pure insanity this keeps happening. nothing is going to stop people from violent acts i think, but surely we can prevent people from owning the guns that transform violence into mass murderer

that right there really got me. :cry:

15 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes