Today's mass shootings

Or others who encouraged the shooter or provided aid. Like the weapon.

14 Likes

I hope they all go down.

:rage:

17 Likes

in this case, the others might be the police department who should have followed up on the threats the shooter made against his mother, or his grandfather who is a republican politician :confused:

15 Likes
15 Likes

“If you look at the situation in Sweden, that’s where the trend in Finland is headed too. There are dozens of street gangs here as well, and they have been involved in murder trials. This in itself is an indication that the security situation is deteriorating all the time,” according to Seppo Vesala, the main signatory of the citizens’ initiative.

Something like more private security and other people who are under serious threat needs to be armed. There’s also bullshit about Russia attacking Finland.

“Back in the 90s, about seven percent of gun licences were for protection, and even then the streets were not on fire. In any case, this is not about a free right to bear arms,” Vesala emphasised, adding that the proposed changes are intended mainly to better protect people like service industry employees who may have to work alone during night shifts.

5 Likes

Something from that Wikipedia article I found interesting:

Also, Finland registers OC sprays and other spray-based weapons with a gun license, adding to the total gun ownership.

2 Likes
15 Likes

Trans women - making the world better and safer for everyone.

22 Likes

Damn, that sucks. I was listening to NPR talking about this and they referred to this person as a man, a father and by a male name. Not sure who started the drag queen story, but if trans, she was repeatedly insulted on national media in many forums. She is owed many apologies.

17 Likes

The man and father was the guy who tackled the shooter and knocked the gun away, the trans woman then stomped on the shooter and the two of them held him until police arrived. Was my understanding after reading several different sources.

17 Likes

It would appear so, two separate people, and the man who initially took down the gunman mis-identified her in the initial reports.
Under the circumstances I’m happy to forgive him - the news needs to do better.

15 Likes

I’m gonna point people to this podcast from a while ago once again, as shows what happens when people band together and stand up to nazis…

Ted Danson Yes GIF by The Good Place

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

14 Likes

Fuck, not again.

10 Likes

There was another one in between but it didn’t make national headlines because reasons

15 Likes

Police say 6 people and the assailant are dead in Virginia Walmart shooting

Damn…

14 Likes
16 Likes

And another

15 Likes

Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

11 Likes
9 Likes
14 Likes