Toddler jumps on airport conveyor belt, is conveyed to bag room

Some years back one of the techs here, back from a NYC trip, complained to me (I being a NYC expat) about he being rushed at a light while on the trip (as if I was somehow at fault). I responded that his membership in the union warped his sense of time in situations where action was required. Being in the union, that really pissed him off.

1 Like

I am also the youngest of five, but I am not your uncle. There wasn’t a problem at home; my parents didn’t care if I wandered around the neighborhood. It was when we were out somewhere that it was an issue. I have vague recollections of wandering off at the old Central Market in LA and on Olvera Street while my parents and older siblings were looking at something. I’d just see something that interested me and go check it out. Bye, guys!

3 Likes

A second is all it takes.

Busy airport conveyors route traffic by autoscanning the tag and then a “pusher” whaps the luggage onto a different conveyor. Seems dangerous as a joy ride.
Source:

No, I didn’t think so. :rofl: He doesn’t hang out on the same forums as I do.

4 Likes

Well, sorta. When we were at SeaTac and had to use the kiosk…we had to go through two before we found one that worked. It was very frustrating.

I don’t think I’ve ever run across a nonfunctional bank/credit union ATM since the mid 1980s. (Also, keystrokes for ATMs are fairly uniform; I can withdraw cash anywhere between 10-15 seconds all while watching my surroundings.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.