Toddler jumps on airport conveyor belt, is conveyed to bag room

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/25/toddler-jumps-on-airport-conve.html

5 Likes

That shot of the lad being dragged in to the flappy lipped maw of the conveyor was like some sort of reverse Ringu shit. Yikes!

4 Likes

Huh, TSA did something worthwhile for once.

15 Likes

As a little kid, I distinctly remember contemplating doing this. Very glad I never had gumption to act on the impulse.

21 Likes

wow

9 Likes

I wonder what his x-ray dosage was going in and out of the x-ray machine?

8 Likes

Uh…

Oompa Loompa doompety doo
I’ve got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you’ll listen to me

20 Likes

I tried not to laugh 'cause kid sustained a mild injury, but your comment got a (very guilty) laugh out of me.

11 Likes

Probably tasteless, but it’s what I thought of.

19 Likes

was thinking the same thing…guessing it is high enough to be unsafe…which is why the bags go through different scanners then the humans (usually i guess), well, one of the reasons anyway.

Toddlers are sneaky and lack attention spans. They can wander off in a split second. The trick is, they usually go silent in the moment before indulging their impulses, but you’re not going to notice it in the din of a busy airport.

I’m relieved the boy will be OK, and my thoughts are with his mom who, more than likely, now has a bit of PTSD. :slightly_frowning_face:

14 Likes

Everybody has baggage, everybody…

20 Likes

I too was wondering. On the one hand the dosage is probably not that bad, after all, film is usually unfogged after going through modern scanners. On the other hand little people that are still growing are significantly more susceptable since more of their cells are dividing and being differentiated than an adults.

I will note that it appears that the TSA people watching the monitors reacted BEFORE the kid came down the chute. So while they may be poor at spotting guns and explosives, they seem to spot toddlers right away.

6 Likes

I misread that as reverse Pingu shit

9 Likes

Who among us has not wanted to do the same thing?

What will probably happen now is that the mother will be publicly hung out to dry for being some sort of negligent parent.

7 Likes

Yikes! Hope the kiddo is okay. Also: does TSA/the TV station not know that speeding up the footage gives this a distinct Benny Hill feeling?

4 Likes

In the movie Get Out, a main character/hero is a TSA agent and proud of it, which made me laugh/think/confused…

2 Likes

It made me think of Jason Lee’s ranting from Mallrats. Truly glad that everyone was mostly OK.

2 Likes

Much like myself

13 Likes

Hold on, the TSA didn’t press charges against the kid?

3 Likes