Toddler trapped in a Tesla after its battery discharged

“We are not interested in tradition or the fact that things have been done a certain way for excellent and still valid reasons. We are not here to design cars. WE ARE HERE TO DISRUPT.”

(Followed by Dalek-style crescendoing chants of: Disrupt! DISRUPT!! DISRUPT!!!)

9 Likes

Computer won’t open the bloody doors?
Two words: exploding bolts.

11 Likes

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

8 Likes

Firefighters were forced to break a window with an axe…

Well, that’s the same effect as pulling the emergency door release. :man_shrugging:

@Mindysan33

8 Likes

Go Fast GIF

8 Likes

Wut? So some unlucky person is royally F’d if their Tesla gets submerged? Not that I keep an evac tool in my car, but I’d like the option to kick the window out if need be.

I feel like if they are doing laminated for safety reasons they might as well offer full on ballistic glass that could stop a 9mm (or better). For all those road rage incidents…

1 Like

But which are you more worried about, your car ending up in water or getting shot up by a post-apocalyptic biker gang with machine guns? Because if it’s the first, you clearly don’t share Elon Musk’s bold vision of designing around things he saw in movies instead of things that actually happen.

13 Likes

But Elon himself said his cars were floaters.

10 Likes
7 Likes

Wasn’t this supposed to be a selling point for the Cybertruck only for it to fail miserably when demoed?

Tesla’s chief designer Franz von Holzhausen lobed a hefty metal ball at the window — and smashed it.

“Oh my fucking God,” Musk muttered, in apparent chagrin.

“Maybe that was a little hard,” Von Holzhausen said.

“It didn’t go through, that’s the plus side,” Musk said, looking as though his soul was leaking out of his body.

8 Likes

His what now?

17 Likes

Obligatory a/f:

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ."

11 Likes

I randomly clicked on the link to the manual, and learned something amazing. Not only does the manual release for the rear doors require you to remove a panel and then yank on a cable, but…

Not all Model Y vehicles are equipped with a manual release for the rear doors.

So I suppose the argument now has to be “it’s your fault for not reading the manual and realizing that you shouldn’t get in the back of a Model Y or put anyone you care about there.”

3 Likes

Doesn’t work if the battery decides it’s done. It’s not that the battery is discharged, is that the maximum charge level on the battery is 0%. Your Ford Winstar had had it’s 12V battery replaced a few times, right? Even more likely for the battery to suddenly give up the ghost when they’re in very hot or very cold locations. Like Phoenix.

2 Likes