Tom the Dancing Bug: "A Trump presidency wouldn't harm ME!"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/10/10/tom-the-dancing-bug-a-trump-presidency-wouldnt-harm-me.html

17 Likes

Sorry Mindysan I woke up way too early this morning

24 Likes

I feel ya…

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

18 Likes

Today, on a very depressing Tom the Dancing Bug…

17 Likes

So it’s a Tom the Dancing Bug day.

11 Likes

Well it sure is a good thing no one you love is on that long, long list of people that would be harmed, isn’t it?

14 Likes

I’m pretty sure all this guy’s loved ones are on the rack in the second last panel.

18 Likes

No Doubt Yes GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

8 Likes

Yeah, he’s not happy that Trump still hasn’t stopped “them” from using their weather control machines. But as soon as Trump is dictator for life, he’ll get that done, too!

It’s interesting to see people who are in the vulnerable categories supporting Trump. I’m particularly baffled by Latino Trump supporters who justify it by pointing out that they’re not undocumented, as if that would make a difference. They’d only need pay attention to his actual plans to realize the peril they’re in - that he’s going to deport a number of people far beyond the undocumented, it’ll be a rapid process with no due process (so it won’t even matter if you’re a citizen), and racist local law enforcement will be empowered to detect and arrest the undocumented, so best-case scenario, being Latino will mean constant harassment and threats of deportation. Trump really does rely on zero-information voters…

13 Likes

The irony. They expect the rule of laws and due process to be upheld by a guy treating the constitution like a piece of toilet paper. I don’t get how they can twist their mind to pretzel by their hatred to punish “others” that is not them even though they’re in the same vulnerable group.

11 Likes

I’ve seen queer people (including trans people) supporting Trump. That’s just so far beyond what my mind can process. I could see people that have that instilled self-hatred, perhaps, but they don’t even seem to fall into that camp. At least a few are the types that are convinced they’re seen as The Good Ones and think that’ll protect them somehow.

12 Likes

In the end, even Hitler couldn’t protect The Good Ones.

6 Likes

It’s more understandable than Latinos, who Trump based his whole campaign around calling rapists and drug dealers. Recollect that Trump, when he first ran, was trying to appeal to the queer community, promising he’d protect them from teh evil Mooslims. It’s not that surprising to see support among people who then ignored everything he actually did after that (and missed the reversal of MAGA messaging, a few years later, of promising conservative Muslims they’d be protected from teh evil gheys.)

So much of Trump support is premised on just being unaware of anything Trump has actually done. It’s more comprehensible than the delusional supporters who also even dismiss what he’s consistently said, as they’re convinced it won’t apply to them.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.