TOM THE DANCING BUG: Can You Stand the Sight of… The Republican Vampire?

8 Likes

13 Likes

Has the US ever formally renounced its claim to Canada?
…but anyway, that whole born on US soil thing only applies to Democrats.

7 Likes

You and @anon50609448 won the internet in my opinion. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Turn ze screw!”

2 Likes

“Dance to dat vich one vas gre-ated for.”

Cardiganally yours,
the OtherMichael

7 Likes

I have conclusive proof from a documentary film that shows that Bela Lugosi was, indeed, alive at one point:

9 Likes

Explained in link below – and yeah, his being a Republican and non-black does seem to have a lot to do with the relative lack of birthers in Cruz’s case.

7 Likes

“Castles don’t have phones asshole!”

Sorry, too much Rocky Horror.

8 Likes

Cruz was born an American citizen because his mother was an American citizen, which is the same as IF Obama had been born in Kenya instead of Hawaii. But for some reason, that was a big deal about Obama.

2 Likes

I think it’s because conservatives basically control the big mics.

Well, that’s one local opinion. Based on the “American citizen at moment of birth” definition. Under the other popular definition, “born on US soil”, Cruz is not eligible. This isn’t some birther-style rationalization with no legal backing:

Black’s Law Dictionary - the most widely used law dictionary in the United States - defines “Natural Born Citizen” as “A person born within the jurisdiction of a national government”. Cruz was born outside of US jurisdiction, so he does not meet that definition.

Anyone born in Puerto Rico is a U.S. citizen at the moment of birth. But since Puerto Rico is not U.S. soil, those US citizens are not “natural born” U.S. citizens and are not eligible to serve as U.S. president.

The issue is simply unresolved, and will remain so until the Supreme Court rules on it. Don’t hold your breath for them to do so, because of the implications regarding Puerto Rico. Instead you’d get another non-binding resolution from Congress specific to Cruz, like there was with McCain.

There was a way - with a few demonstrably false assumptions - to twist that situation into Obama not being an American citizen.

Had Obama been born in Kenya - and his mother was living there - under the rules at the time, he would not have been an American citizen. For anyone with a single U.S. citizen parent, that parent had to be a US resident for five years after age 14.

Obama’s mother was 18, so this was not possible. Cruz’s mother was old enough to meet the “five years after age 14” rule.

But again, this requires demonstrably false assumptions. Obama is verifiably born in America. His mother was verifiably a US resident. (Just visiting Kenya when Obama was born wouldn’t have been enough to jeopardize his U.S. citizenship.)

Whenever I read/hear that I assume it means ‘the dead belonging to Bela Lugosi’, and have visions of some guy leading an army of the dead.

1 Like

Ahem:

1 Like

The last year of his term would be carried out by a random chiropractor

7 Likes

It’s going to be really interesting if Bernie beats her by 100-200 elected delegates and she then summons her flying monkeys superdelegates to the convention.

4 Likes

It won’t happen. They won’t rip the party apart when they’re nailed on to keep the presidency with either candidate. The reps, on the other hand, have no reason to accept Trump.

1 Like

Maybe people should really start focusing on her lying mouth.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.