TOM THE DANCING BUG - The True History of the Confederate Flag

No. Not at all. Not in the least. No one except racists trying to cover up their racism agrees with that assesment. Pretty much all civil war scholars of note accept that slavery, the economic engine of the american south, was the reason. From their own mouths, as argued by Coates:

Seriously, we need to have this understood in the clearest of terms - southerners were very clear that the war and secession were both about slavery.

[ETA]

Or, if you add the need to toe the current local official truth to get the funding or the tenures, one.

HAHAHAHAHHA!!! You think we get tenure? AHAHAHAHAHA? No. About 60% or so of faculty are adjuncts, at least in the US. They have very little job security.

8 Likes

5 Likes

i shared this awesome comic to my facebook page.

My confederate flag apologist brother in law re-shared itā€¦

I love him, but iā€™m guessing he didnā€™t read it or it went right over his head.

10/10 hope he shares it againā€¦

7 Likes

No, thatā€™s just historically wrong. Slavery was central - the vast majority of the secessionist states mention slavery in their reasons for attempting secession. A main specific cause was the question of whether or not slavery would be allowed in the new territories. The Southern slave-owning states were fearful of eventually being outvoteable in the House and Senate if there were too many non-slave-owning states.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.