Tommy Wiseau debuts trailer for first feature film in 20 years

Originally published at: Tommy Wiseau debuts trailer for first feature film in 20 years | Boing Boing

It does seem amusing, but where this falls short (going off the trailer) compared The Room is that Wiseau meant for his first film to be serious, and coincidentally was a very watchable bad movie. This is very much leaning into the whole “lets make a bad movie for the lulz” vibe, but that said i hope it ends up being worth watching

5 Likes

Came here to make an “oh hi shark” joke and found the internet beat me to it quite a while ago. Instead, I’ll hope the shark is named Lisa and does indeed tear some folks apart.

9 Likes

With such a pithy name, I’m somewhat upset this is set in the bayou, and not Australia, cos I my brain absolutely hears that title in an Australian accent.

3 Likes

Come for the trailer, stay for the underwear ad.

4 Likes

Like “BEEG SHAAK” Australian?
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Did you see the shark?”

“I did noooooot.”

1 Like

See what I mean?

2 Likes

That’s nawt a shaak. THIS is a shaak.

1 Like

This is so inexplicable that it’s perfectly “on brand” for him.

1 Like

I’m thinking more of a Justin Wilson accent, myself. (He did a couple Cajun cooking shows for PBS back in the 70’s, which is where I saw him and his unique brand of humor.)

I saw that- the ad was almost as long as the trailer.

2 Likes

Do you think they will play catch? …and I don’t mean with a hook and lure.

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

1 Like

Did we learn nothing from Steven and Bruce?

/s?

the dude your opinion GIF

1 Like

A dear departed friend was a huge fan of so-bad-it’s-good cinema, and this was one he loved that I took a few runs at, but couldn’t make it through. I’ll give it another try some year.

1 Like

It’s certainly bad and there’s no denying it, although i don’t know if The Room deserves the title of “The best bad movie”. That’s pretty subjective to begin with, but the movie is kind of a grind to get through at times but the baffling directorial choices does make it a fun watch for those that are into that type of weirdness.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.