Top 5 Biscuits

Must be the disco biscuit messing with me…

13 Likes

surely not a biscuit?

3 Likes

I love me some Jaffa cakes. They are hard to find around here, even at the local British goods specialty store but they are easy enough to procure from Amazon.

And then I can try my hardest not to think about this Top Gear moment from one of my top 10 episodes:

4 Likes

Sometimes the clue in the name leads in an unexpected direction.

8 Likes

I’ll see your mandorlini and raise you mandelbrat: the almond cookie so nice you bake it twice.

4 Likes

Sandra Bullock I Give Up GIF

@Melizmatic I can’t believe you’d come @ me like that.

6 Likes

That was a good read!

4 Likes

Well obviously…

An earlier case, that of Adams Foods Ltd (MAN/83/0062) which concerned Chocolate Dundees…

These turned out not to be Scottish cities after all.

3 Likes

If you liked that, try this:

https://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKFTT/TC/2018/TC06909.html

So much VAT-related cake lawyering

4 Likes

Mandelbrat - the ever-diminishing cookie?

4 Likes

But you never get to the last bite!

6 Likes

That’s where the name of the subject of this thread comes from…

Biscotti bis (twice) cotti (cooked).

Though probably by that measure, most of these cookies don’t count…

7 Likes

Fuck me, every day’s a school-day here!
:slight_smile:

p.s. this not meant to be a snark - I am genuinely pleased to learn new stuff, esp. regarding biscuits.

10 Likes

I can’t lie, Brittish biscuits were pretty terrible. I liked the shortbread a lot better in general, but outside of like Chips Ahoy the grocery cookies/biscuits here are what I prefer tea or no tea. So I guess

1. Shortbread finger
  2. Bourbons

And that’s pretty much the end of my favorites list lol. Maybe I’m just picky I don’t know. I’m also married to an amazing baker which doesn’t help things.

EDIT

Wait, does Biscoff count, because I like Biscoff a lot with coffee.

4 Likes

The second bake is how they get nice and hard and ready for dipping in tea or dunking in coffee. As you say, I suspect the only cookies mentioned in this thread that really qualify under this criterion are Italian biscotti and mandelbrot (misspelled by me above; mandlbrat would be some kind of sausage made from Canadian game show hosts).

5 Likes

Lol at your coffee, things like cantucci are meant for dipping in wine…

8 Likes

Springerle are honestly the best biscuits of all. From the cool rolling pins, gnaw-ability and lovely anise flavor, they are simple, dunkable, flavorful and delicious.

(don’t believe any recipes that require you to use butter for these - that’s blasphemy!)

6 Likes

Username checks out

6 Likes

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

(I laughed though, cos I’m a bitch.)

8 Likes

Called it like he saw it.
Fair point, well played.
:slight_smile:

Has dawned on me that maybe Nuke thought I was being snarky. Post wasn’t meant that way, but have fixed it anyway.

Regardless of all that, 'twas a good burn, and could probably be applied to many of my posts.
Cheers, Nuke, keep up the good work.

9 Likes