Top Mueller prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky resigns from Roger Stone case, and Special Assistant United States Attorney, 'effective immediately'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/11/top-mueller-prosecutor-aaron-s.html

6 Likes

Southern District of New York is looking for good people with that kind of experience. Would be top notch schadenfreude if he prosecuted tRump Co. when Cheetolini is out of office…

29 Likes

Any public servants with principles have either been getting fired or resigning in protest. The damage of this administration will continue to play out for generations to come.

41 Likes

Well, just in case anyone needed evidence, the US is now no longer a country of laws, but of men.

Fuuuuuuuck.

22 Likes

I’d love to believe that SDNY is above pressure - but Donnie will just fire all of them too.

3 Likes

Every time I see the words “Roger Stone” in a headline, I know there will be some sort of assault on my faith in humanity.

13 Likes

The future of law this country is really looking bleak.

Thinking of turning to a life of crime just to be happy. /XXLs

11 Likes

See also Jonathan Kravis.

5 Likes

Good for the two [edit: ALL FOUR as of Tuesday afternoon] prosecutors, and good luck to them going forward.

I hope the judge grills the government on the change and finds the new recommendation to be unpersuasive.

[ETA] The government just filed its Supplemental and Amended Sentencing Memorandum, suggesting prison time but “far less” than the 7 to 9 years initially recommended, without naming a specific number. It was filed by the acting chief of the criminal division, presumably as he observed the spinning empty chairs in the surrounding offices.

7 Likes

It could be more useful than what we have now. I’d happily go all Robin Hood and His Band of Merry Men with you, if that’s what it takes.

10 Likes

Every time some clown resigns in protest of the swamp Trump created, I’m like “What good is that going to do?” To Akimbo_NOT, who’s thinking of a life of crime, you’ll be fine, as long as you’re wealthy, and you stick to fraud and tax evasion. https://www.huffpost.com/highline/article/white-collar-crime/

4 Likes

10 Likes
5 Likes

It means one less person willing to sell their soul to keep their job, so that’s something.

How does an unwillingness to remain a part of Trump’s horror show make someone a “clown?”

7 Likes

Being forced to wear a smile while surrounded by elephants producing vast amounts of shit?

1 Like

That sounds like a description of the people who decided to stay on the job, not the people who quit in protest.

9 Likes

This started off as something interesting to read but you’ll always lose me when something just consists of a pile of images of tweets, especially if you don’t say who those people are. Why not just quote the relevant text?

2 Likes

No, no, Brainspore, you are right. The clowns are the assholes like Bill Barr and the rest of the swamp. The guys resigning I guess have decided they no longer can fight from the inside, especially since Trump now feels like he has carte blanche following the Senate impeachment approval. Grrrr, my frustration with these people…

3 Likes

I keep thinking about Stalinist purges, for some reason.

1 Like

They resigned from the case. They didn’t resign from the DOJ.

*One may have? But apparently is still a federal assistant prosecutor; isn’t that still the DOJ?

2 Likes