Tory voters: are you happy with your purchase?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/17/you-bought-it-you-broke-it.html

1 Like

“Up-to-the-elbow-Brexit” sounds about right.

10 Likes

There still is one card left to play, though.

12 Likes

gumbyes

11 Likes

The Tories are open about their utter contempt for anyone who isn’t wealthy and white and about their desire to revert the UK to a semi-feudal nation of serfs, and have been for a lot longer than a decade. Thanks to the remnants of the class system, they don’t have to play “jus’ folks” like the GOP, and yet these arrogant toffs still get their governments.

10 Likes

That wasn’t comedy, it was brilliant. We need a few of him in the US.

5 Likes

We actually have a large number of him, as it were, in the US (and one is decidedly British). It has not helped, unfortunately.

5 Likes

True, but they’re still needed!

2 Likes

20+ years later, Boys for Pele and Little Earthquakes are still two of my favorite cd’s. I’m very happy with my Tori purchase.

8 Likes

Hadn’t seen Mr Pie for a while. Thanks for reminding me, and glad to see he still nails it. Another barnstormer.

1 Like

Yeah, but I’ve never been much of a cornflake girl, although fortunately not a professional widow either.

3 Likes

At this point, if the country were to be taken over and run by Honda, I for one would welcome our competent overlords.

4 Likes

But have you seen New York?

1 Like

No, too far to travel from the choirgirl hotel.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.