A song about the Tories, for anyone confused about this Thursday's election

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/10/fuck-the-tories.html

6 Likes

Amazing! I now have a crush on the singer/performer =x …

That was the best punk song I’ve heard in years (and yes, it damn well was). I’m SO happy right now!

4 Likes

Yeah, but if you fuck the tories, doesn’t that just make lots more tories? I mean, why else are there so many little Boris brats?

2 Likes

I approve of this message.

4 Likes

I mean, yes, but let’s not also forget that people on Garbage Island will probably never have a chance to elect a more progressive, decent government than is currently on offer. If we could have found a way to focus on that, rather than consenting to make it entirely about the Tories as it always is then perhaps they’d actually, you know, not win.

Admittedly, this video is less pathetic than my own attempt to fix UK politics by shilling my viral 3D printed Clement Attlee bust that hasn’t gone viral (improved edition now available!).

3 Likes

So if I understand the chanteuse correctly…

You should hear Eno’s new song

5 Likes

While we’re on this kick

Someone should do a playlist

4 Likes

doris the modern milkman will squeeze your fannies tits

Looks like they’ve been fucking tories and so creating new ones since at least 1982.

It’s not only pop musicians…

8 Likes

One party in the UK has lied, or made a false claim, in 88% of their official adverts, guess which one?

5 Likes

And this young lady has been around long enough to understand who and what to vote for?

1 Like

Ah, no, they are just testing your faith. If you were a true Tory, you would not doubt.
/s (I hope)

1 Like

If there was a missing /s tag here, I missed it.

You seem to be seriously questioning her political understanding, purely based on what you perceive to be her age, as if whatever passes for ‘younger’ people in your mind have no right to a political opinion until they reach a more (your?) advanced level of ‘maturity’ and political comprehension.

Well, if you are, FUCK YOU, TOO!

PS “Never trust a Tory” has been a wise political motto since forever.

7 Likes

I knew the Tories were bastards when I was ten, and my feelings towards them only became worse over the next few decades.

(I am not a member of the Labour Party, they won’t let me join because they think I am an anarchist entryist)

7 Likes

That was a good impression of a decrepit Tory supporter with a stick up his arse. Now do “And the language in this video! Young people these days are so uncivil!”

5 Likes

Stick is sadly never sufficiently far up their arse to cause actual damage. Given a couple of seconds with each such stick, and a queue of stick-holders, I could start to fix the UK’s political problems for real.

(I know, it’s a foul job, but someone has to do it. Marigolds would be worn.)

3 Likes

Just a few short years of experience is all that anyone needs.
Or a few hours research on Foodbanks, in-work poverty, A&E waiting times, cancer survival rates, school underfunding, mental health provision, student debt etc…

6 Likes

I would have also accepted the Newtown Neurotics Kicking Out the Tories

1 Like