Tour every Star Trek Enterprise bridge in new interactive web portal from Roddenberry Archive

Originally published at: Tour every Star Trek Enterprise bridge in new interactive web portal from Roddenberry Archive | Boing Boing

1 Like

That could have been so much better. You end up standing in one place where you can turn, but it’s a very small 3D model and distorted as though you’re looking through a fish-eye lens. Yeah, it’s bad. Shame.

1 Like

You can walk around and sit in chairs, the interface is crap so its hard to notice how to get into that mode. If you Expand, you should see an option to “Click anywhere to Continue”. Then you can move around with WASD and look with the mouse. Note: the prompt seems to only appear if the device you’re using has a physical keyboard and mouse attached. I use a Surface on a tablet stand and the Click prompt won’t show up unless I turn on a wireless keyboard I have nearby.

1 Like

I can’t find any such option, no matter what computer I’m using.

Click inside, hit expand if you like, and you have to WAIT, while it loads stuff in the background. When it’s ready, it’ll do a better version of the idle animation, with “click anywhere to continue” message at the bottom. THEN you’ll get the “WASD to move…” in the lower left corner. At least I get that when I’m on desktop Chrome browser.

Yep, it does appear to work in Chrome. Clearly NOT written to work with Firefox browsers since none of those additional options come up when I use my preferred app. Fuck us I guess.

My irritation now sated… this is pretty cool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.