Toxic Masculinity: Dude, where are my emotions?

David Fincher Excited For Another Generation of Shitty Dudes to Misunderstand His Latest Film

1 Like
2 Likes
13 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ it is ok not to want to marry some on who will rape and abuse you and trump supporters are rape supporters and misogynists by definition in every single case.

No one is entitled to a victim slave.

I’ve said it a long time too. It is perfectly ok for people to not want to date anyone. Forcing people to fuck or commit their entire life to anyone who wants to be fucked in their vicinity regardless of how attracted anyone is to them is not the antidote to prejudice.

12 Likes

I think that word is the basis for so much of what is unhealthy and frankly bonkers in this thread.

The roll call here of the groomers and influencers who have monetized then fed then monetized the resentment and feelings of entitlement from gravely disconnected men is Exhibit A in a staggeringly huge body of evidence. Credulous lonely desperate people–unwilling or incapable of self-reflection and growth–can and so often will be manipulated.

12 Likes
7 Likes

On top of all the economic issues and abuse the article describes, this part:

celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary, a feat, but largely a testament to my mother’s patience and willingness to raise three children: me, my brother and my dad.

Stood out to me. Yep. That last two words. Men need to step up.

9 Likes

Every time I read an article like this or come across some safe space for women to speak, I’m reminded that my marriage is not average. I have a considerate and emotionally mature spouse who prizes communication and is, frankly, the better parent and does most of the housework. Given the family he came from, trad wife long before that had a name, it’s a damned miracle.

I want everyone to have a good spouse who is there for them and not another child to raise, abusive, indifferent, or lazy. It really is such a low bar and so many men aren’t passing it.

15 Likes

Hear hear!

Down with the He Man Woman Haters Club!

6 Likes
4 Likes

Majors’ attorney afterwards:

In contrast, Priya Chaudhry, who represented Majors argued that the jury did not, in fact, believe Jabbari’s story and did not believe that Majors intentionally hurt her, Chaudhry said in a statement that also came out on Monday.

“We are disappointed, however, that despite not believing Ms Jabbari, the jury nevertheless found that Mr Majors was somehow reckless while she was attacking him. Mr Majors is grateful to God, his family, his friends, and his fans for their love and support during these harrowing eight months.”

WTF? How the hell does she know the jury didn’t believe Jabbari? Based on the fact that they found him fucking guilty, I’d say they believed her. They clearly did believe he intended to hurt her because that’s a required element of the crime they found him guilty of committing. You know, there’s not any ethical rule that requires an attorney to brown nose their own client after the trial. Just because you see Trump’s attorneys do that on a daily basis, doesn’t mean you have to. Say you think the jury was wrong, if you want. Say you’re going to appeal. Say your client was railroaded. All of that is fair. But to assert that the jury believed your client over the victim when they clearly didn’t is just infuriating. That’s not good lawyering. It just isn’t.

7 Likes
8 Likes

A friend of mine just compared Marvel firing Majors to when they temporarily fired James Gunn a few years ago. I might have to reevaluate that friendship.

3 Likes
2 Likes

What?

5 Likes

Men? That’s a kinda nebulous grouping

I will admit I have probably fainted more than cried in public, but neither saying I love you or going to a gay bar get more thought than going to a grocery store.

2 Likes

Oh, hell no. I am far more comfortable crying or telling my family i love them than going to that hell hole of unmasked idiots that is The Grocery Store!

8 Likes

I dunno if this is surprising to me just because ime gay and bi men are uncomfortable crying or saying “I love you” about as often as straight guys

And straight men who are more comfortable with emotional vulnerability are probably going to feel less fear of gay men I would guess.

7 Likes

So toxic!

7 Likes
8 Likes