Toxic Masculinity: Dude, where are my emotions?

Anyone who feels the need to loudly declare themselves to be an alpha male, isn’t.

19 Likes

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

The louder they scream it, the more they ain’t. Pure and simple.

16 Likes

Likely so. Not that being an alpha male and wanting to be one are good things.

13 Likes

Well, also, it’s a bullshit construct anyway. It’s not a real thing.

16 Likes

tv land yes GIF by YoungerTV

10 Likes

Oh, true. But even by their own bullshit rules, they are failing.

7 Likes

Yes, but they are also failing by making up/ following those BS rules… I think that the video I posted above covers that stuff pretty nicely, if you have an hour and a half to check it out.

4 Likes

Its an older post but still accurate

8 Likes
8 Likes
13 Likes

I like Fatherly. They have some good advice and perspectives for parents. It is geared towards father’s, but I’ve found some good advice there without the bullshit I see on more mother-focused sites. I really do not need any more shame related my failures as a mother, tyvm. Fatherly seems more focused on things you can do better and less the things you are doing wrong.

13 Likes

I stumbled across it with this article, my first contact. It really began to make a intersectional connection for me when he talked about how it related to MRA and fascism.

8 Likes

:thinking: I get the feeling we’d be better off getting to the root of unrealistic expectations and spraying that with weed killer.

12 Likes

You said that so well.

11 Likes

Oh, Dissent Pins! You never fail to light up my day!

18 Likes

I was blissfully ignorant of the Liver King until like 6 months ago

4 Likes

Gross.

From the article:

Increasingly, Republican politicians use the love of red meat as a general symbol of conservatism. That’s why Ryan Zinke branded a calf ahead of his run for a Montana House seat, posting the photo with the caption “Let’s Go Branding!” in a not-so-subtle nod to the far right’s rallying cry of “Let’s Go Brandon!”

:nauseated_face: :frowning_face: :cry:

1 Like

They’re just jealous of the world famous Obama Burger.

11 Likes

Ordinary Joe and Ordinary Barry, out for more photo ops.

Reminds me of the first GB, trying to use a supermarket scanner.

7 Likes
4 Likes