Trailer for documentary about the United States' disastrous Covid-19 response

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/12/trailer-for-documentary-about-the-united-states-disastrous-covid-19-response.html

5 Likes

This phrasing made me wonder if the film distributors were actually doing a theatrical release of this film, which would obviously be foolish and ironic. Thankfully that does not appear to be the case, this appears to be a “streaming on demand only” release.

6 Likes

A bit early, we’re not quite done disastrously responding yet.

15 Likes

I doubt it is going to be the definitive look, when we still have some major milestones that it can’t include. We’re heading into our first full flu season with Covid in play and any possible vaccine. There is still a lot of time for incompetence. In fact, given Trump is going back out campaigning before any real clean bill of health we still may be missing the largest piece of incompetence.

2 Likes

We just had to watch all this in real-time so as much as it looks well-researched, I don’t really wanna suffer through again (with even more shocking details revealed)!

4 Likes

But if they wait until we’re done ticket sales will be way down.
:wink::smile::joy::sweat_smile::pleading_face::cry::sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve made the observation before that seeing documentaries come out about the present catastrophes is a bit like having the guy in the seat next to you asking you to check out his livestream of the plane crash you’re both experiencing in real time.

1 Like

True, but a lot of shit has happened in the past 9 months, and a lot of shit led up to it. A point in time look back at how we got here seems warranted. But yeah, not the “definitive story” with so many more opportunities to fuck up.

1 Like

5 Likes

tenor

2 Likes

I believe this is a continuation of the work done in Agents of Chaos.

That said, it isn’t really about Covid as much as it is about Nov 3. I am anxious to watch.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.