Trailer for Tales from the Loop

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/28/loop.html

5 Likes

*Prime Video

It was definitely picked up to be a Stranger Things equivalent.

9 Likes

That’s sort of the Scandinavian Transistorpunk version of Scarfolk, and I mean that as a compliment.

13 Likes

This should be interesting. I love Stalenhag’s work and have often looked at each picture and imagined what story it might be telling.

6 Likes

They got my Who … and I said no.
They got my High Castle…and I said no.
They got my Omens…and I said no.
They got the Loop…

What do I do now?

ETA: Spoken as an owner of the Tales from the Loop / Things from the Flood RPG (via Kickstarter) as well as multiple art pieces including a calendar I haven’t taken down despite being 2 (3?) years out of date.

5 Likes

A nice slice of awesomeness is welcomed early in the morning.

8 Likes

Roger that!

3 Likes

Love the artwork it’s based on, but this looks like another giant, empty mystery box. Will just have to wait and see though!

1 Like

Same here. Ever since folks starting posting his work on Reddit a few years back, I’ve been constantly enchanted by the way he juxtapositions current/retro/futuristic. Those works were begging for a story. Here’s hoping it’s as good as the art.

2 Likes

This looks fan-damn-tastic.
Greatly looking forward to it.

3 Likes

The both books, Tales from the Loop and Things from the Flood, are pretty straightforward: all the weird shit going on is because the Loop is a particle accelerator that releases “strange particles” at random.

4 Likes

Recommend reading The Electric State, A girl and her robot travel across a lost America succumbed by a technology. Very well plotted.

4 Likes

It does look beautyfull. But will there be substance to that beauty?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.