Traintrackr is a light-up circuit-board map of the London Underground or Boston Metro

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/24/traintrackr-is-a-light-up-circ.html

1 Like

Main link has a rogue “h” at the front.
This is a lovely concept.

Before coffee I thought I was reading “Trainwrecker”. That would be a very different angle.

1 Like

Alas, no love for the Overground. :frowning:

10/10 for timing. I would have found extremely useful every day for the last 20 years, right up to 3 months ago.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for one for NYC, because that would mean the MTA has finally overhauled the ancient sensors in the subway and can finally track the trains like a modern transit system! Right now, they only have real-time data for most of the former IRT lines (1,2,3,4,5,6 trains), which is pathetic.

Good luck with that. London is sort of decently managed. Boston is just small and simple. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Boston Metro…that would be the ‘T’, unless perhaps it’s referring to Boston, Lincolnshire?

4 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (2)

Seriously considering the London version, would settle for Helsinki.

1 Like

The Boston Metro is that freebie newspaper they used distribute on the T before it went belly up. I can’t imagine tracking it is of much use anymore…

1 Like

Freakin’ awesome idea! It’s not hard to imagine an algorithmic approach to custom layouts, have a service bureau make the boards… but I don’t know how to do surface mount leds as a kit, dammit!

@beschizza
Like @charlesj said, in Boston we call it the T. :wink:

OH MAN!

I am from Boston originally and this is great!!!

EDIT: I WISH IT WAS A KIT I COULD DO ALL THE SOLDERING MYSELF ON THOUGH!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.