Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

9 Likes

He looks great; good for him.

13 Likes

Right!? He’s got it going on!

11 Likes

Jamie Lee Curtis Exudes Joy As She Officiates Daughter Ruby’s Cosplay Wedding

https://littlethings.com/family-and-parenting/jamie-lee-curtis-daughter-wedding/jamie-lee-curtis-daughter-wedding-10?fbclid=IwAR2OZI1EW5sLHnD8BF93IeJSQnApIK8ljUxdF8xDFFy-ycLqalB3szG5m-E

She is so awesome!!!

16 Likes

That is so sweet, and what a joyously costumed wedding that was :hugs:

11 Likes

She inspired me. Just ordered.

9 Likes

Where are those shirts available?

6 Likes

I went out to Jeff Bezoar. Because it’ll get here quickly.

8 Likes

I’ve been thinking about getting one of these, but I really like that trans pride fist.

8 Likes

Queer summer camp
While lawmakers across the United States push anti-trans legislation, one Missouri dad responds by helping create a summer camp to celebrate queer kids – including his son.

Spin to 37:41 in the podcast. ~8 minutes.

Sounds like a great idea.

• Camping is good.
  • Not having to deal with shit, direct and background radiation.
  • Make social contacts with other people dealing with equivalent experiences.

Missouri. Some people will react … poorly. Too bad for them.

10 Likes

I certainly hope no serious impact on the camp. Just from what’s been happening lately, I wouldn’t put it past somebody to pull a Mrs. Voorhees and try to exterminate folks at the camp.

7 Likes
14 Likes

That was a very interesting story!

It does sound like if Alcott had lived today, they might well have identified as a trans man.

7 Likes

Alcott also offers some excellent advice, through the character of Jo Bhaer, in Jo’s Boys, who’s responding to a woman who’s written asking for advice in educating her daughters:

I’ll try to answer it. But as I have no girls, my opinion isn’t worth much and will probably shock her, as I shall tell her to let them run and play and build up good, stout bodies before she talks about careers. They will soon show what they want, if they are let alone, and not all run in the same mould.

7 Likes
13 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes
11 Likes

I was so happy my small largely conservative shithole of a city has a trans friendly and affirming salon. It made the experience of getting my first femme hair style very relaxing.

9 Likes
15 Likes