Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

That’s kinda fascinating. After the Bad Wolf storyline, where Rose essentially ingested the core of the Tardis, I have often wondered if she had not functionally become a Time Lord. Guess we shall see!

Happy Stephen Colbert GIF

10 Likes

But in reality the court said an injunction was inappropriate because Paxton and Abbott never had the authority to unilaterally rewrite the law and order DFPS to enforce it. The plaintiffs in this case still get their injunction, and, although the court found that a statewide injunction was not appropriate on an emergency basis, presumably any Texas family facing an investigation will also be able to get an injunction.

This is true and the court outright saying abbott and paxton didn’t have the authority to issue these directives/opinions is a good thing.
But it will still mean families will have the stress of an investigation being opened against them for child abuse and having to hire a lawyer to get them the injunction.

9 Likes

Could be, but I guess it’s all speculation right now… I would not be surprised if the original Rose shows back up, too.

7 Likes

I just watched it, it’s pretty cute. I love they cast an actual trans actor to play the trans character.

7 Likes

There is more and more of that on tv and films lately, and I’m here for it. I really look forward to a time when a trans actor can be cast in any role whatsoever…

12 Likes

What a stupid and terrible law
NBC News: Federal judge strikes down Tennessee’s transgender bathroom sign law.

15 Likes

Stupid, terrible, and unnecessary.

Fun fact: one of the people responsible for the lawsuit that resulted in the law being overturned is the owner of Bongo Java, a local coffee shop, which had a brief moment of fame with a cinnamon bun that looked like Mother Theresa.

9 Likes

Yesterday I was invited to Nashville in July for a family reunion. Now I know a couple of restaurants I’d like to try there.

10 Likes
17 Likes
10 Likes

Found these on Reddit.

16 Likes

Think of the children.

Conclusion

This research highlights widespread delays to affirmation of trans children, with such delays found in nearly all parental accounts from a sample of families who could be considered ‘affirmative’, given their support for a pre-pubertal social transition. Across the dataset, extensive cisnormative barriers to support were apparent. Even though these families had supported and affirmed a trans child in childhood, at an average age of seven years old, parental narratives highlight deeply embedded resistance to trans possibilities. The study shines a light on the challenges, frustration and trauma of trans children who have experienced rejection and delay, even within families who appear to be, or who have come to be affirming, with entrenched cisnormativity impeding affirmation.

Families within this sample were unified in their positivity about supporting and affirming their child, with the only regrets spoken about being regrets at having been too slow in supporting their child. Families in this sample had experience-based insights into the negative repercussions on their child’s well-being of delay, dismissal and rejection, with every interviewee emphatic on the harms intrinsic to ‘delayed transition’. These findings highlight the need for professionals to provide better evidence-informed advice and guidance for parents and carers of trans children. Guidance can help parents be aware of, and supported to overcome cisnormative barriers to affirmation. Guidance can also help parents who are well-intentioned but uninformed recognize the harms of childhood delay, dismissal and rejection.

13 Likes

One of the good comedians. I’ve seen the clip referenced in the article many times.

“It was important to me to do it,” Acaster said. “First of all, it started, like a lot of comedy routines do, if you see something that’s ridiculous or silly, then you want to make a joke about it.

“I think the attitude of comedians saying that they’re challenging people with their comedy and then punching down is just completely nonsensical because that’s not how challenging people works.

“That was the first thing that made me want to do a routine about it and then I guess I carried on doing the routine because if, in your place of work, people are behaving in a way that’s not appropriate or acceptable, or that you’re opposed to, it’s probably on you to speak out about it.

15 Likes
13 Likes

Cool! Now I want one.

10 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

Is a fantastic tool for future arguments. Thank you.

8 Likes
6 Likes

:fist::transgender_flag:

16 Likes