Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

And they are doing it so well. Like, episode to episode I am just so impressed and the tears are happy tears

7 Likes
7 Likes

And so it marches on. Many heads will explode, methinks.

16 Likes
10 Likes

Awesome! Just sent this to my friend who was born there and made their day. :blush:

12 Likes
12 Likes

Damned Andrew

Struggling musician and successful delivery driver Andrew O’Neill has inadvertently opened a portal to another dimension in their flat. This is a very bad thing. A million demons have flooded through and they’re getting in everyone’s way. A comedy about being stuck between worlds - human and demon, millennials and boomers. This is the first narrative comedy starring a non-binary character.

Written by Andrew O’Neill and Tom DeVille and narrated by writer and graphic novelist Alan Moore

Is it the first? It’s good anyway. I think BBC Sounds works world wide without a VPN.

10 Likes

Just quickly wanted to say, love your posts and …

Happy Cake Day.
Hope I’m not too late.

10 Likes

Thanks! That looks delicious!

11 Likes

14 Likes

Bill Hader Snl GIF

12 Likes

Everyone wants to see themselves mirrored on screens, but for transgender, genderqueer, and non-binary gamers, the road to authentic and productive representation has been long and oftentimes painful.

“The community has been subject to depictions of all kinds: good, bad, well-intentioned but misguided, the butt of a joke, and more,” Dmitry King writes for Phenixx Gaming. “Trans people are often villains or are almost always side characters. Sometimes we’re the love interest, which is nice. It is rare that we are the playable hero.”

—In recent years, however, the video game industry has broken out of the cisgender narrative, with indie developers leading the charge. Here are some standout titles, whether the work of one artist or a huge game studio, that show such progress — with a few showing, unwittingly, that there’s still work to be done.

10 Likes

15 Likes

Cool Down Golden Girls GIF

Seriously… just fuckin’ wow.

12 Likes

Elliott’s joy makes me happy. You can feel it through everything they say.

13 Likes

Yeah you really can. Transitioning has that effect.

12 Likes

18 Likes

When your childhood hero stands up for you…

:pleading_face::hugs:

17 Likes

Wonder Woman lives up to her billing!

15 Likes

She does indeed. It turns out Lynda is actually a little more wonderful than we thought.

15 Likes