Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

Took a sec. :joy:

17 Likes

So I’ve never spotted a transgender person, but then I’ve never been to a gym with a transgender friend, and I’m not going to spot a stranger unless they ask me first.

8 Likes

I’m so unfamiliar with the gym I call it James.

15 Likes

Well, there’s this

And this

But, I’m not certain that closely fitted hexagons qualify as spots…

11 Likes

That is a nice skirt, good find :+1:

7 Likes

Billy Porter directed it!

13 Likes
14 Likes
16 Likes

This is really about being non-binary rather than trans but I hope there’s some shared experience with people being themselves rather than being defined by others.

10 Likes
10 Likes
14 Likes
12 Likes

15 Likes

This Ontario mom is throwing a gender reveal for her trans daughter

Nikki Borge-Scott, a mother in Halton, Ontario, is throwing her daughter a gender reveal party—but not the regular, old-fashioned, binary-enforcing kind. Her eight-year-old daughter, Ella, is trans, and the party is a chance to celebrate her gender identity and new name with her family. Borge-Scott hopes that creating joyful memories of her daughter’s transition will help Ella continue to see her gender as something worthy of celebration.

15 Likes
13 Likes

From a song I’ve been listening too a lot lately…

So now we’re in the territory we’ve been in before
End the preparations and begin the war
The streets of this city’s what we’re asking for
And we’ll take 'em if they’re not given

12 Likes

Hell yeah.

I was in Nottingham for Pride last Saturday.
People still love us.

My favourite picture of the day.

16 Likes

It gets hard to remember that sometimes. Transphobes have such an outsized influence relative to their numbers. They may be able to pass shitty laws right now, but they are still losing the “culture war”.

That picture is awesome!!!

13 Likes

There were tens of thousands of happy-vibing people in a huge, peaceful march and hundreds of trans flags and signs.

Love wins.

14 Likes

Make It So Star Trek GIF

12 Likes