Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

Five electric guitars are mounted to Vixen’s bedroom wall. She wears bold black eyeliner with a glossy brown lip, a leather fiddler hat over shag dusty rose-colored hair, and sports a Naruto cut-off muscle tank complimented by tattooed sleeves. This is what it’s like to be in the presence of Vixen, a musician, songwriter, LA transplant and creative making profound strides as a trans artist.

At just 30 years old, Vixen has performed with musicians such as Swedish singer Zara Larson and Japanese-British pop star Rina Sawayama, even going so far as to tour with Sawayama back in 2021, as well as snagging writing and guitar credits on the queer pop artist’s Sophmore Album “Hold the Girl.” But the biggest milestone in Vixen’s career thus far was being featured in a Jackson/Fender Guitar campaign, one which made her the first trans person to ever be featured in a campaign of that stature.

10 Likes

From Vampire Survivors (Android).

Written by James Stephanie Sterling

And yeah somebody made a mod to remove that. It’s a really good game BTW.

9 Likes

Journalist-turned-Ukrainian soldier Sarah Ashton-Cirillo has been injured while fighting on Ukraine’s front lines.

Ashton-Cirillo, who is transgender, traveled to Ukraine last year as a war correspondent reporting for LGBTQ Nation, but her passion for the cause led her to enlist in the Ukrainian army.

She tweeted this morning that she “was hit” and has sustained permanent injuries.

“I’ve lost part of my hand and have scarring on my face,” she wrote. “We won the battle, though.”

Along with her message, she posted a video of herself being bandaged up and saying she was “fine.”

“They can’t kill us, they can’t hurt us, victory is ours. It doesn’t fu**ing matter. Why? Because we’re Ukraine, and ultimately Putin is going to be the one dead, Prigozhin is going to be the one dead. And this is a small price for liberation and for freedom. Slava Ukraini [Glory to Ukraine].”

10 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

Right wing meltdown in 3, 2…

10 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes
Author

Katelyn Burns

Katelyn Burns is a freelance journalist based in Washington and a contributor at MSNBC. She is the first openly transgender Capitol Hill reporter in U.S. history.

10 Likes

https://archive.ph/hB854

“## How often do transgender people regret transitioning?

In updated treatment guidelines issued last year, the World Professional Association for Transgender Health said evidence of later regret is scant, but that patients should be told about the possibility during psychological counseling.

Dutch research from several years ago found no evidence of regret in transgender adults who had comprehensive psychological evaluations in childhood before undergoing puberty blockers and hormone treatment.

Some studies suggest that rates of regret have declined over the years as patient selection and treatment methods have improved. In a review of 27 studies involving almost 8,000 teens and adults who had transgender surgeries, mostly in Europe, the U.S and Canada, 1% on average expressed regret. For some, regret was temporary, but a small number went on to have detransitioning or reversal surgeries, the 2021 review said.“

14 Likes

Wasn’t sure where else to put this…

16 Likes

I wish the organizers of the Bonnaroo music festival had been more clear about whom they’re really speaking to here. Just because a picture is worth a thousand words doesn’t mean they couldn’t add a few more to say “and specifically we mean trans people, other members of the LGBTQ+ community, and all those who support them.”

Still this is a good thing.

7 Likes

14 Likes

The comedian and actor-turned-politician shared the new name on Monday’s (6 March) episode of Matt Forde’s podcast The Political Party.

“I’m Eddie. There’s another name I’m going to add in as well, which is Suzy, which is what I wanted to be since I was 10,” The Independent quoted Izzard as saying, “I’m going to be Suzy Eddie Izzard.”

also,

18 Likes

Suzy it is! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Love that woman…

english language GIF

17 Likes

I don’t remember the first thing of hers I saw, but I’ve been a fan since i was a closeted teen.

15 Likes

Suzy? I love her so much, and that name just doesn’t seem special or powerful enough.

I know it’s none of my business, it’s just that I would want something fabulous for her, since she gets to pick it out from the entire world of names, you know?

7 Likes

I kind of get what you’re saying, but the real power is in choosing how you want to be identified. Why certain names resonate is just a mystery to me. I always figured if I ever came out and changed my name, I’d choose something exotic and mysterious. I tried on a lot of different names before I realized that the name I’d been using for my video game characters was my true name - Anna. It’s plain, but it’s mine, and that’s all that really matters.

14 Likes

A friend suggested that I should have been a Katherine as it’s a power name.

Me: That’s just false advertising.

15 Likes

I’ve been told the same sort of thing, that I should go by Anastasia, and go by Anna for short. Seems disingenuous, I’m just Anna.

15 Likes