Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

6 Likes

Posted this on Unicorn Chasers, and the LGBTQ+ thread.

Oh, and i’m not crying, you’re crying!

thetyborg

I’ve officially forgiven Dublin Bus for all the times they were late or never showed up cos the pride Bus they done with proud dads was the most wholesome thing i’ve ever seen in my life & i still can’t watch it without tearing up omfg

9 Likes

From The Mary Sue

12 Likes

from

15 Likes

10/10 would out run Smokey in that.

10 Likes

13 Likes

In memory of Dr. Lynn Conway. We’re using her work, right now!

12 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes
14 Likes

What’s going on in Delaware surrounding their Senators and Representatives is how things should work. Senator Tom Carper, who is 77, announced he wasn’t going to run for reelection this year. So their current US Representative, Lisa Blunt Rochester, is running for his seat. That opened that seat up for Sarah McBride, and as soon as her primary opponent dropped out, Blunt Rochester endorsed McBride. You have someone older who has decided to step down, and it’s making room for younger people to step up. When politicians like Diane Feinstein and Nancy Pelosi decide to just stay in office until they die, it doesn’t make any room for younger people to step up, and that problems just trickles down throughout all of government.

12 Likes
11 Likes

17 Likes

The comedian slammed homophobic “hate mongers” over the weekend after he was flooded with bigoted comments about his support for transgender son Kai Wayans and the LGBTQ+ community

10 Likes

Lower-left: :rofl: :rofl:

12 Likes

I’m going to tentatively put this here, only because I haven’t finished watching it yet, but I’m a little over 20 minutes in and it’s pretty good. It’s a conversation between an educated and open-minded person who isn’t all that well versed on trans healthcare (Dr. Mike) and an expert on trans healthcare (Dr. Jack Turban). I’m not learning anything, but I think this would be a good video to give to people who are maybe uncomfortable with gender affirming healthcare but are open minded.

ETA: Ok, I’m almost an hour in now, and it continues to be really good. One thing I really like is that they started by defining some terms, but as it goes along, when new terms come into the conversation, they stop and define those new terms so that they make sure they’re both talking about the same thing. This is a really long episode at almost 3 hours, but I really appreciate the approach they’re taking to this conversation. Again, I’m not learning anything because I’ve lived this, but I think this could be useful if you, or someone you know, has concerns about gender affirming healthcare, but are willing to be open minded.

13 Likes

Resources are always appreciated. Dr. Mike is usually pretty good. Good to know he is on the right side of history here as well.

12 Likes

17 Likes

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

12 Likes

Holy shit, you are magic

12 Likes