Triple shooting streamed on Facebook Live, just days after Philando Castile gun death

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/13/triple-shooting-streamed-on-fa.html

1 Like

It strikes me as odd that people live stream themselves doing nothing. I guess it is an extension of things like selfies and posting your lunch on to Instagram. I suppose that, maybe, the injured people expected something to happen and wanted to have secure footage of it.

2 Likes

This would’ve never happened had they been armed.

6 Likes

Facebook allows snuff films but not boobies. Got it.

America, you are fucked. up.

31 Likes

the people at Law and Order are scrambling to come up with an episode about this

3 Likes

It probably won’t strike you as odd after this.

8 Likes

Everybody good, you good.”

Um, no.

3 Likes

they weren’t doing nothing, they were smoking weed. some people like to show off.

2 Likes

Based on my thorough knowledge of the experiences of gunshot victims garnered from reliable sources like action and drama movies, being in denial about the extent of injuries or the possibility of dying is paramount to either surviving the wounds or keeping morale up while the victim is dying.

Seriously though, it seems like denial/pretending a positive attitude is probably a common coping reaction to such a tragedy.

And no, we still can’t talk about gun control, so don’t bother asking… :confused:

8 Likes

Yeah, where was the good guy with a gun?

6 Likes

Now’s not the time…it’s too soon…

2 Likes

The right time to talk about gun control is like microwaving butter:

http://theoatmeal.com/pl/minor_differences5/butter

5 Likes

This is not the future I was expecting.
Humans ruin everything!

3 Likes

we can only talk about gun control once there are no more issues with guns, otherwise we’d just be rushing to judgment.

we can talk about microwaving butter anytime. there are no issues with butter.

1 Like

My guess is that they were encouraging the others to not move or cry out so that the attackers would assume they were dead instead of finishing the job. Keeping calm about a serious attack also reduces trauma compared to flailing around, screaming, increased heart rate and respiration, etc. Not that I could honestly blame anybody for freaking out that they were shot.

4 Likes

Referenced in Prodigy’s Fat of the Land album in the liner notes. Unfortunately, I don’t see a full scan readily available.

Steel?
We have no butter,
But I ask you
Would you rather have butter or guns?
Shall we import lard or steel?
Let me tell you
Prepardness makes us powerful,
Butter merely makes us fat?
Lard?

2 Likes

The superhero version of myself in a comic book universe would totally replace guns with sticks of butter.

8 Likes

Pretty surreal video. I hope they catch the persons who did this.

1 Like

Horrible thought entered into my mind: When do you think the first live stream by a mass shooter is going to go up?

1 Like

Shortly after someone voices the idea.

2 Likes