Troop of monkeys think an animatronic spy monkey is a dead baby and become sad

Thought so too; felt that it’s quite strongly distorting to what the video alone could have conveyed. Also high-brow orchestral music in the jungle is just odd.

2 Likes

Humankind’s arrogance and ego mandates that we are more intelligent and more deserving of taking what we want from the world and “lesser” creatures.
Recognizing other creatures on Earth as feeling, thinking, and --no matter their ability to articulate – just as deserving as we are would result in a shit ton of cognitive dissonance for us.
We’d be forced to change & simplify our existence or live with tremendous guilt (yep) or say screwit and keep on doin what we do.
River of Life, forgive us for fuckin with those poor monkeys in their brute innocence. May you spare us that fate from any stray higher intelligence that happens to run across our sorry ass as we hurtle thru space as unknowing as those monkeys, and as sad.

Obviously the Langur monkeys haven’t eaten of the fruit of knowledge of uncanny valleys.

2 Likes

Once in Malaysia I stopped at a tourist attraction and parked beside a group of monkeys who were obviously mourning a monkey which had been hit by a car. They positioned themselves around the drivers door of my car, waiting for me to come out. I didn’t get attacked but their fury at me was obvious.

3 Likes

This is the Langur equivalent of that “Alien Autopsy Video”. One of the smarter ones will start rolling their eyes and yelling “fake” any moment now. Unless these a Disaster Actor Langurs, sent by the Deep State to distract us from more important concerns??!! How deep does thin Langur Hole go???!!!

1 Like

1 Like

How do you make an ape sad? Show it video of monkeys reacting to a perceived death, add haunting music.

3 Likes

This is like the polar opposite of the Harry Harlow experiments.

https://pages.uoregon.edu/adoption/studies/HarlowMLE.htm

They were sad because this robot monkey was their only chance to get likes on youtube.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.