Do you want ants?

Are there no movie theaters in China?

7 Likes

I for one welcome our new genetically engineered simian overlords!

7 Likes

8 Likes

Was it Bachman or Palin that had that stupid line about “fully functioning human brains in mice?” This is pretty close to that level.

8 Likes

A bit of an aside, but screw sites that won’t let you read in incognito mode.

6 Likes

dc3b95e0481356898ae83b425e4df4ab

14 Likes

But why would anyone want to masturbate to an article about genetically enhanced monkeys?

(On second thought don’t answer that.)

6 Likes

Well, to be fair, from their perspective…

7 Likes

Bring on the “Uplift Wars”!

5 Likes

“This was the first attempt to understand the evolution of human cognition using a transgenic monkey model,” says Bing Su.

To me, this falls more in line with my pre-teen brother and I, one 4th of July, throwing a half brick of firecrackers and some lit matches into an overturned bucket… just to see what happens.

7 Likes

Pharma companies use different primate research centers found in the US. I had worked briefly for some folks that did academic research at one such facility.

This facility had a problem finding techs for a different study because as it turns out humans don’t like giving the same chimps intracraninal injections 20 times a day … and most techs would only last a week before having to leave the job.

I suppose that robotics and automation will bring about a new, horrifying age to all of this.

4 Likes

Or maybe Trump could have some more kids.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yessssssss… whatever plans they have for us I want antssss…

4 Likes

Do you want zombies?

5 Likes
3 Likes

Are you sure?

2 Likes

4 Likes

It really is too bad Saul Bass didn’t get the opportunity to make another movie.

2 Likes

No more features, but here’s a short adaptation of Bradbury’s “Frost and Fire”:

1 Like