TRUE FACTS about Richard Dawkins

I was a student in Dawkins’ class for three years before asking him a question in class about his time on Family Feud and realized I had been studying under the wrong guy. Now he has the ducks in my town watching me, and reporting back to him.

11 Likes

He farts and blames it on the dog.

7 Likes

I offered Richard Dawkins a slice of pizza and he did this:

17 Likes

He had to re-purpose a clock from the 70s. Luckily no one in the 50s thought it looked like a bomb.

2 Likes

I’ll never forgive Richard Dawkins for the way he killed Rob Ford.

But how did he do it again?

I can’t quite remember …

6 Likes

Oooh! And here I thought Selfish Gene was some Objectivist douchebag.

1 Like

Richard Dawkins orchestrated every major event of 2016 from his secret underground lair.

Luckily, Brian Cox is in charge of 2017.

8 Likes

God has cursed Richard Dawkins with the power to cure leprosy, to cause invalids to walk again, give sight to the blind, and to heal the generally afflicted. Richard Dawkins now eschews all human contact to maintain his atheist line and avoid his powers being revealed.

At public speaking events, the front row of the audience is filled with the disabled hoping to grab a healing touch of Richard Dawkin’s tweed jacket. Security guards have to hold them back.

8 Likes

Richard Dawkins created Comic Sans.

4 Likes

Oh, you have crossed a line :scream:

6 Likes

Richard Dawkins was deeply involved in the efforts to hack the DNC emails, leak them to the public, and to get the FBI to announce it’s investigation of Hilary Clinton right before the election… Dawkins created this election’s october surprise.

3 Likes

Richard Dawkins attended the inauguration wearing a MAGA hat.

5 Likes

I have never seen Dawkins and Trump in the same room.

I think that might have been him at the podium!

8 Likes

My genes first!
My genes first!
My genes first!

He’s got great genes, the best. Beautiful genes, you’re gonna love them.

1 Like

Ah, fuck it; I’ve posted enough identifiable information on BBS now that I will admit to having graduated from Oxford. Most Oxford Dons I have interacted with have been genuinely interesting people who treat every conversation that they have as a learning opportunity, and are so far from that stereotype (which I admit I had before studying there) that I’m surprised that it still seems to be the standard.

Some of them are definitely arseholes. Most of them are so high up on “the spectrum” that they’re pretty much ultraviolet. I’ve never met one that was racist and I’ve only met a couple that were condescending but yeh, they’re pretty much uniformly as arrogant as you would expect.

That said, Dawkins is the outlier in that I have never met anyone who studied under him who had a positive word to say. He has some good ideas but he is a colossal twat.

Actual Dawkins story: a friend was ordering a coffee at the counter of a coffee shop in Oxford and was telling her friend about how much she hated Dawkins’ arrogance, misogyny and racism, loudly and at length. She picked up her coffee and turned around to see Prof Dawkins himself. Standing there, staring straight at her. Throwing the most serious shade. She nodded, smiled, and left the coffee shop as quickly as she could.

This was a few years ago now but it doesn’t seem to have made him any less of a dick.

9 Likes
4 Likes

Richard Dawkins sometimes shitposts on the BBS using a pseudonym.

10 Likes

(I didn’t see this back in January)

I live there, and can confirm this. At the very least, every Oxford Don I have spoken to has been polite enough to not say anything offensive. As you say, most of them are genuinely interesting people.

I have also met Richard Dawkins, while waiting for my prescription at the pharmacy. I didn’t speak to him though, I don’t particularly want to find out his thoughts on trans people when he is standing right in front of me and I can’t leave for another five minutes.

10 Likes

Richard Dawkins is @othermichael

9 Likes