Trump administration gave coronavirus bailout money to private jet companies of Trump donors

Have you seen those private jets? They are so tiny. Why do you hate small businesses? /s

3 Likes

What a horribly perfect example of the regime’s guiding principle: “one wrong move by a decent person is a pearl-clutching scandal, but a daily barrage of outrageous crimes by a piece of shit is normal, good, and to be sucked up by snowflakes”.

Turmp voters don’t think it’s OK to bail out private jet companies. That’s exactly the sort of thing they hate. The only reason they’ll defend it is because they know their role is to just to blurt some outrageous excuse, and before you’ve even finished spluttering in disbelief, the lubed-up hog’s anus in the White House will have changed the subject to some new abomination, and they’ll have won yet again! without having to confront what an asshole thing they’re being. In that one sense, Turmp really does keep delivering for them.

3 Likes

On a separate note: if even non-Turmp-bribing private jet companies are getting bailed out, I assume there is at least some fig-leaf justification offered for that?

I get the reason for bailing out airlines, however horrible and undeserving they each are. Is this just a legal thing, like, they couldn’t frame the bailout in a way that completely excluded private jet companies? Or is there a theory for why a collapse in private jets would harm normal people (more than the collapse of e.g. wig retailing)?

2 Likes

1ymvbd

6 Likes

I’ve always just assumed that Trump supporters are either

• Amoral, incoherent blobs of ectoplasm without the self reflection to even recognize the hypocrisy of their conflicting positions; they only care that their team is right and they need to stick it to everyone else, so by definition they support anything their team does as “right”, everything the “other team” does is “wrong”, even when it is the exact same thing.

Or:

• They are people who see an opportunity to try to graft money off the utterly incompetent con man. (With varying degrees of success; he’s actually a better con man than people give him credit for.)

This sounds harsh, yet it hasn’t actually steered me wrong yet.

(Edited to make clear: This is not Republicans, nor Conservatives. Our country needs (at least) two parties to function correctly: a Liberal party to dream of a better future, and a Conservative party to keep us grounded. Our country is broken because our conservative party is completely and utterly broken right now; and the Democrats are being forced to play “grown up”, and in many ways are way more conservative (not right-wing, but conservative) than the succession of deplorables which have been steering the Republican party away from it’s core since the '60s.)

2 Likes

SO MUCH WINNING!! /s

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.